05|if only

---

Freya dialed a number and placed the phone to her ears. Her fingers were tapping nervously against her purse. She had a thing with patience. She never liked to be kept waiting and he knew better than to keep her waiting.

It was unconscious that her eyes found another who had been trying to get her attention for a while she had been there. He waved again before signaling for her to come outside.

"About time," she muttered.

She stood and walked away from her table and stepped out of the restaurant as he requested. Her eyes searched for the man that grabbed her attention a while ago. He no longer stood in his former position as if he didn't want to be seen. She found him leaning on the wall of the building close by.

The young man smiled at her and she let out a sigh of relief.

---

"Sir, I've got the report from Mr Frederick," Samuel said as they walked hastily into the company.

"Good let me take a look," Ashton told him, and received the file from Samuel. Never pausing, he flipped through the pages.

"He told me that she nearly died. She seemed to have been hit on the head very hard."

Ashton stopped and closed the file with a flip. "Thank you Samuel."

He continued walking into the building and Samuel followed him.

"How's my mother doing?" Ashton asked.

"She doesn't seem to be taking the death story well," Samuel said.

"And father?" Ashton added.

"He didn't show any emotion I could pick out,"

Ashton nodded. "That'll be all." He told Samuel.

Samuel thought he had better inform him about Thea. For some reason, she was in the hospital. He couldn't just dig the reason out without his boss's permission. He didn't know how Ashton would react to that. He knew better than to mention Thea's name before Ashton but there was no person on Earth that would convince him that his boss doesn't love Thea anymore. So, he had the right to know.

"Well, I saw-"

"Mr. Ryder?" Both their attention were drawn to the figure approaching them. Ashton shook the hands of Jace Lockhart, a client of his.

"I haven't seen you in months. When did you get back from London?"

Ashton replied, "I got back last night,"

Jace hummed in reply. "Okay. Did the model tag along?"

Ashton's reply was a little bit sharper than usual. "You could as well address her by her name Jace and no, she didn't come along. Her shoot ends in 2 weeks time, she'll join me by then."

"Very well then. By the way, I'm really sorry for your loss. I heard just yesterday, that Freya was dead." Jace said.

"Thank you Jace, I have to get back to work anyway."

"You up for a drink tonight, maybe tomorrow or whenever you are free?" Jace asked.

"I'll give you a call." Ashton told him before turning to leave.

"Sure, see you around." Jace said as he watched Ashton walk away from him.

"Well, Samuel, ensure that those documents are finalised today. I would love to see what I own by tomorrow." Ashton said as they turned down a familiar corner of his office.

The Billionaire's ExOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara