18|undeniably attracted

Thea was already seated on the bench waiting. The cool breeze of the evening swept against her face as she had her hands folded against her chest, in thoughts.

The footsteps behind her sounded closer and she was forced to tilt her head in curiosity. She watched him till he took his seat besides her on the bench in the park. It was them against the cheerful giggle of little children All around.

"Thank you for coming,"

"How is he?" Thea asked Samuel.

"How did you leave him?" He asked instead before meeting her stare.

"I didn't mean to," she said to him.

"Tell that to him and he won't understand." He looked away from her and stared at the scene that formally took Thea's attention. He won't fully understand until you tell him the whole truth Thea." Samuel told her.

"I can't,"

"What more sign do you want for you to know that whatever is happening is wrong? It has been wrong from the start."

"What do you mean?" Samuel turned to her now, meeting her stare one more time.

"Not too long ago his sister was attacked," Samuel said.

"Oh my goodness, is she okay?" Samuel shook his head in reply. Mainly because he didn't know what to tell her. He didn't know if to tell her that she wasn't really dead or she was barely alive as it seemed.

"And now this happened, completely swept him off balance. Did you also know that he started drinking during the months you were gone?"

"Ashton doesn't drink,"

"Exactly what I'm trying to say." Samuel replied and Thea looked away from his judging stare to stare at her hands.

"I caused it,"

"You could have told him and maybe this wouldn't have happened. Maybe he could have flew her across the country to one of the best and maybe she would have had more time to live."

"I couldn't tell him. His father didn't like me and telling him that would have made it seem like I came with problems only and we weren't even married yet. I just thought I could handle it."

"Is that why you worked at a club,"

"I couldn't even earn a permanent job there because of how men tried to hit on me all the time. In other words, I didn't fit in so I left. I just needed the money, I didn't want to ask much of him."

"I can understand but I think you need to talk to him Thea. He needs to understand better. He needs to see things from your perspective and maybe he'll understand better." Thea opened her mouth to say something but decided against it.

He asked. "Have you had something to eat?"

"I'm fine."

"You look thinner," he commented.

"Is that why you ignored me in the hospital?" His lips snapped shut immediately. Her eyes scanned his own which were rich in regret.

"I too was angry at you Thea. I still am. When you betrayed Ashton, you betrayed the two of us."

"I didn't betray him Samuel, it was his child. Even if I was forced to do it, I wouldn't. I loved Ash, Samuel and I still love him."

"Then something happened Thea, I know something happened and you need to tell me."

"I can't. I can't tell you." She said to him defeatedly. "As much as I want to tell you, I can't."

Not wasting any more of his time, she stood. "Thank you for your time Samuel but I need to see him."