15|between them

Tap!

"Thea," he moaned as he kissed her jaw.

She tapped her chest twice trying to calm her unsteady heart. It wasn't even an hour away from when he left and she was thinking about him again.

Hypocrite!

She package the lunch she had just prepared for her mother before walking down to the sitting room to grab the keys. Her eyes lingered on the couch where Ashton had spent the night for quite sometime.

She honestly felt no need to tell him that he didn't just appear at her door and begged to spend the night. He didn't just lay down on the couch and pass out due to fatigue either. They actually kissed, made out and almost had sex last night.

Thea bit her lips at the thought of last night. She had lesser sleep and did a lot of thinking instead. What was he thinking about when he came knocking at her door when he had friends he could spend the night with? Could they be any more reason other than what she was thinking? Maybe he hadn't forgotten her after all. Maybe he thought about her like she always did. There was still a part of him that yearned for her undoubtedly and the most bothering part is that she had an itch to unlock that part of him again.

She shook her head, dismissing the thoughts before walking out and locking the door.

---

The rain battered against the roof of his house hardly. He watched silently through the blurred window in thoughts, with his hands, shoved into his pocket.

There was a knock on the door of his room but his attention never left the window. Samuel came in still, shutting the door behind him.

"Samuel," he acknowledged, giving Samuel the room to speak. 

"Mr Peterson called. He isn't confessing to any of the crimes. He keeps on saying he didn't kill her. Mr. Peterson is beginning to have doubts that Samson had something to do with Freya's death."

Ashton turned away from the window, walking further into his room and towards Samson. He took one of his hands away from his pockets and his fingers, played on the chair he was sitting on not too long ago.

He looked at the files on his table for a moment then he hesitated before saying.

"And what else did the cops find?" He asked.

"They confirmed it already. He was really with a guy named Johnny at the same hour of the incident. They were there just when the restaurant closed."

"And who is this Johnny? Does he work in my company?"

"He quit three days after Miss Freya's death, do you think he would have something to do with her death? According to him, he went into a coffee shop nearby and spent sometime in, and that has been confirmed. When he came out Samson was already gone."

Ashton nodded in understanding. "I still need to speak Mr. Peterson Samuel, earliest tomorrow morning." He combed his hair in frustration. They were going nowhere with this investigation and it irked him. This killer on the loose, who could be his next victim? If he could go for Freya, then surely he would come for someone else and the gods be damned if he let them get any close.

Samuel bowed slightly in respect before walking away.

---

"I was out for work," Austin told her yesterday. Elizabeth tried her best to dismiss the very thought that her husband could be lying to her. If it was one thing she despises so much, it's lying and Austin knew this. So there was no way he would lie to her, right?

She sat with her legs crossed over the other on the sofa at her exquisite hotel. Just by one of the balconies, she was there, relaxing. Raising the cup to her lips, she sipped of the wine before placing it besides her by a small table.

Though she kept the glass on the table, her hands still lingered around it and she tapped the glass softly with rhythm.

He was hiding something from her and he thought she didn't know. He should have known that the last last option should be making her worried. 

---

Thea raised her bag over head to shield her for the pouring rain. She was just yards away from the hospital and she was soaked already. The cabs seemed to have disappeared all of a sudden and she couldn't but blame herself for not leaving sooner.

A car slowed down besides her. At first she seemed oblivious to the expensive black Porsche that was slowly riding behind her until it honked. She turned to stare at the car as the window slid down, revealing a brown headed man.

"Need a lift?" She stared at the figure for sometime, observing.

---

Ashton touched the picture frame with the tip of his fingers as he walked around his table. He stared passed the adjoining door to his bedroom at the time. It was a minute after 6.

He had lots of things on his mind lately and he was trying his best to ridicule his problems with solutions but all seem to have a hard skull.

"She was found unconscious by the side of the street, it seemed she was hit hard on the head and left to bleed away." The inspector told him. "How she managed to survive is surely a miracle, I can't seem to comprehend it." He said again.

"When you left the restaurant, where did you go Freya? Why do you keep running into trouble all the time?" Ashton sighed and sat down burying his head in his hands for a few seconds before coming his hair with his hands.

Now Samson was free, he couldn't help but seek who to blame but things weren't going the way he wanted it to. On second thoughts, Freya was the only one who was left in the restaurant, the manager even said he waited until he saw her leave before shutting the restaurant for the night. Could he have seen something else that night? Maybe was she kidnapped and taking away only for her body to be found somewhere else. No, no, no, that doesn't sound right.

After much contemplation, he grabbed his leather jacket and walked out of his office shutting the door behind him.

"Going somewhere sir?" He paused at the last step and looked up at Mary who was standing with her apron.

"Yes, I'll be back soon." He told her.

"And dinner?"

"Have yours Mary, and don't wait up for me, I might be home late." He walked to her and gave her a kiss on the left cheek.

"Take care," she told him but he was already out.