37|hatred

Ashton barged into ward in hurry, swiftly followed by Thea.

"Sam?" Thea called with concern laced in her tone. Samuel sat up with his back against the wall.

"Samuel you are alright?" Ashton said sitting besides him. "Thank God you didn't die,"

"I am, I just got hit mildly. Just a sprain on the ankle." Samuel said.

"You got hit!" Thea stressed out.

"I was heading over to my car when this car came from nowhere. Thankfully, I was able to get out of the way in time." Samuel said.

"Samuel did you see the plate of the car?"

Samuel looked at Ashton for some seconds before saying. "That isn't important,"

"How can you say that it isn't important-"

"Jace is in town!" Samuel blurted out and Ashton frowned.

"What?!" Ashton was forced to blurt.

"Jace Lockhart is in town, we got a report, he was at the market place today. I wanted to get to you so you and Thea could leave the city before nightfall." Samuel said to him.

"You are avoiding the topic still, you know who hit you, tell me!"

"Ashton, when you are finally in Vienne, we have a lot to talk about but for now, take her away from here-"

"Sa-"

"If you love Thea, get her away from here!" Samuel scolded and for a moment there, Ashton seemed hurt but he redeemed his composure and stood. "Go," Samuel finally said.

"I'll be waiting for your call,"

---

Mason drank the contents of his cup incompletely when his phone rang. Staring away from the can, he brought out phone only one see Andrew's number calling.

He quickly walked away from the room to where the music was hardly heard.

"Hey,"

"How are you?"

"I'm doing good, how's America?" Mason asked him.

"I'm back home Mason. It's Ben's birthday tomorrow and i promised him that I would attend. I'm far from home but I'm back in Australia, I was planning on reaching home tonight."

"That'll be great. He was really expecting you to come. He'd be happy seeing you." Mason said to him.

"Okay, just wanted to let you know." Andrew said.

"Call me when you reach home." Mason told him before they exchange goodbyes. He strolled back into the party, to sit with his friends again.

At that same party, Zachary was seen finding his way around the crowded hall with Freya in his hold.

When he had found a suitable place for them to talk, he let go of her.

"I want to know why you are ignoring."

"Is that what you want to talk about?" He asked instead.

"Fine, tell me what I did wrong Instead." She told him.

"I don't want to talk about it Freya, it's better we forget about it."

"But you're upset," she insisted. "You've been making comments about our relationship that is disturbing." She asked with uncertainty, "Did I do something that you don't like?"

"I said I didn't want to talk about it,"

"Then how am I supposed to know if you keep it away from me,"

He gave a sigh as if preparing himself to say something. "That night of our hangout,"

"I remember the night, what happened that night?"

"You were in the kitchen with Samson....alone," he stated and for a minute there she couldn't say anything.

"Are...are you thinking that something is going on between Samson and I?" She tilted her head as if trying to understand what he was implying.

"Yes," she scoffed. "Well why won't I, you guys were together....alone." Zachary seethed.

"But we didn't do anything wrong," she defended.

"You look into my eyes and tell me that when you know you still feel something for him," she frowned at his words the more. "Lie to me that you didn't hug him when you were together, lie to me Freya!" He blurted out with fury clouding his mind.

"We.."

"Tell me," he urged.

"Yes, we did. We hug but that doesn't mean-"

"Cut that bullshit Freya. You want to be with him then go be with him."

"What's that supposed to mean? You know I love You-"

"Do you?" He interrupted once again.

"Zachy-"

"Do what you will, Freya. I hope you finally stop playing with my feelings." Zachary said.

"I never did Zach, what are you talking about-"

"I don't want to talk about this now Freya, we are supposed to be having fun not the other way around." He said to her before walking around her to find his way down stairs.

"I didn't-" she sighed when he didn't even turn back. Combing her hair in frustration, she walked to the rest room to fix herself.

When she sat with them once more, everybody noticed the change in the atmosphere.

"Are you guys alright?" Sierra, one of her friends asked.

"Perfectly fine," they said at almost the same time. Their friends look at them in confusion and Zachary gulped the remaining contents of his glass.

---

The plate number,

The car itself looked very familiar to Samuel. The car that almost killed him.

"Did you find out?" Samuel asked Michael and he nodded.

"The car belonged to Mr. Ryder himself Samuel,"

"I Know, I had an intuition that it was him. Maybe he found out what I know," Samuel said.

"What do you think Ashton will do when he hears that his father has another son?" Michael asked.

"I really don't know but I hope nothing bad happens. Ashton will do anything for his mother and hearing that will create a very big fire that even we can't quench." Samuel said.

Michael nodded. "I need a favor from you Michael," Samuel said and Michael nodded for him to go on.

Samuel studied him for a moment before saying, "it's about a girl."

---

Ashton sped along the road with his headlights on.

"Do you think we'll make it in time?" Ashton stole a look at Thea before concentrating on driving once again.

"Yes, we will." Ashton replied. "We can find some place to sleep if we don't get there in time anyways." He continued.

"Hmm," she replied. "Gosh, driving in the night can be lonely at times." She commented.

Staring further into the road, she noticed fast movements. "Ashton look out!"

Ashton was able to swerve in time to the other side of the road but collided hard something. Jerking forward, his head hit the steering wheel hard and slowly rolling on the side of his face was blood.