34|and fills

---

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Ashton seethed.

"I didn't want to ruin the party sir, I thought I would tell you after but you said we would talk later," Ashton paced around angrily. He took out his phone.

"What are you doing?" Samuel asked.

"I'm calling to book reservation, I need to get Thea out of the city for a while."

"Ok," Samuel said.

"But why would he be after Thea and not you?" Micheal asked. "You were the one that sent him to prison after all and not Thea."

Ashton ignored him and spoke to someone on the phone. Michael turned to Samuel in question.

"That's because Micheal, to get to Ashton, you have to have what he loves the most." Michael's eyes widened in realisation. "Jace knows how much Thea means to Ashton and to ruin him, he's coming for what he loves the most."

"Good, I've managed that. Now all I have to do is convince Thea to come with me. I'm hoping by Sunday, we would be out of here." Ashton said to them and they nodded.

---

A man threw a loaf of bread at Jace and he caught it swiftly. Wearily, he eyed the man before opening the loaf of bread and cutting out a piece of it with his teeth. He chewed quietly before swallowing.

"We are moving out in two days, are you going to join us?" Jace raised his head from the loaf of bread. "We are planning on robbing a few houses for some extra clothes and shoes so we won't freeze to death."

"I'll pass,"

"This place isn't safe for you. After the prison walls exploded, the police are everywhere, you are going to get yourself caught." The man said.

"I have someone that I have to meet, maybe when I'm not, you can send me a location and I'll be there." Jace said.

"Whatever you say pal. Be safe." The man said before mulching on his food.

---

"Mr. Ryder,"

"C'mon now, call me by my name. Everyone knows we are together." Ashton told her. Thea smiled and gave him the file that she held.

"Here is the file you requested and secondly, you had a call from Mr. Roderick. He wants to meet up with you by Friday. He says he wants to discuss something privately with you."

"Friday?" Ashton asked to confirm.

"Yes, Friday."

"Oh just tell him that I have somewhere to be by Friday." Ashton told her.

"Oh, so when will you meet up with him then?" Thea asked.

"Im not sure, depends on when we get back from whenever we are going to."

"We?" She raised a brow and he cursed. This wasn't how she was meant to find out.

"Thea, sit for a moment. I need to talk to you."

"Yes?"

"I want us to go on a vacation by weekend."

"That means we get to be absent from work? It isn't even holiday," Thea said and he nodded.

"I know. I just want us to spend some time together and...alone." He said.

"We can do that in 2weeks time. I have 3days leave and you can give me an extension-" She said.

"No, no, no, Thea. I want it now. I want the two of us, alone." He immediately said.

"What's wrong Ashton? Did something go wrong?" She asked alert.

"Relax, nothing went wrong. I just need you with me for a week at least. Things have been stressful for us and I just need us to take a break."

She nodded. "Okay,"

He nodded too in relief. "You get to pack tomorrow,"

"Oh, but where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," he told her.

---

Jace raised the hood of his jacket over his head. His hands were stuck in his pocket as he watched towards the bus.

He found a seat at the far end of the bus besides the window and sat down, clenching his bag pack to his chest.

Earlier yesterday, he wrote a very important message to his old friend. He wouldn't hesitate to take away the person that mean the most to him.

When the bus began to move, he brought out a picture of Thea and stared at it till he fell asleep. It was going to take hours before he reached home and he needed a little nap.

---

"Did you tell her?" Samuel asked.

Ashton sighed. "I couldn't, I don't want her to be afraid so I just told her the other part of wanting to spend sometime with her alone."

"You know Thea doesn't like you keeping things from her. Remember what happened the last time, she didn't talk to you for a week." Samuel Said.

"What should I tell her then?" Thea halted at the front of the door when she heard Ashton blurt out those words. "That some bastards thought it was okay to blow up prison walls and now Jace maybe after the two of us?"

Thea froze. She made a move to turn and leave but stopped. It was high time she stopped running away from her problems and faced it. She walked in on them at that moment.

"Thea,"

"What is he talking about Samuel? Jace escaped from prison?" She asked and Ashton combed his hair in frustration and cursed.

Samuel looked to Ashton for help. "Thea listen to me for a second," Ashton tried.

"You shouldn't be talking to me. Why would you keep something important from me!" She blurted out. "He could have harmed me when I was out in the street."

"He can't do that. My men are everywhere you are, follow you and keeping you safe. Nothing is going to happen to you," Ashton said. It was that time that Samuel took the opportunity to slip out of the office.

"I can't believe this," she said.

"Most prisoners escaped after the break in. Many have been caught but others are dangerously lurking around. That is why we need to leave Thea." Ashton told her. "I need to get you out of here, fly you over to another country or city where he can't find us."

She sighed and he pulled her closer immediately. "Hey, hey, hey, don't worry. Everything will be alright,"

"I did nothing wrong to him, why is he after me. I don't just understand." Thea said.

"It's not about you, it's about me. He sent me a note Thea, he's trying to take the most important person in my life away from me. And he knows who that person is."