20|and attached.

"What happened? What happened Thea? Tell me," he said.

"I was hit by a car Ashton. I'm sure you heard of all of this yet you play confused." She said.

He shook his head. "I didn't know, I promise. When you didn't come, I left the next day, I thought you really didn't want to see me."

"How could I not?" She told him. "I got into an accident Ash. One minute I was hit by a car and the next minute, I was at the hospital when I woke up," she swallowed. "When I woke up, it was gone. The doctor telling me that the child couldn't survive it."

"After that my mother's ailment became worst I thought I was going to lose it." She said with pain constricting her gut. "If only you knew half of what I went through, the pain, the suffering, the loneliness..." she paused. "I never intended for this to happen."

He didn't know what to do but to plant her head against his chest. A few things had been cleared from his chest.

"I shouldn't have doubted you," he said when the silence was disturbing. "I knew you loved me but when you told me that it wasn't mine. I lost track of what I was thinking."

"No, it's all my fault. If I told you what I was going through, you wouldn't have even doubted me," she said to him. "I should be the one apologizing Ash. I'm sorry please forgive me, please." His reply was tighten his hold on her.

"You're forgiven Thea." He sighed in relief. "God I missed you,"

---

Freya stood up with her phone pressed to her ears and began walking out aiming to follow the figure that just waved at her.

Stepping out for of the restaurant, she turned to stare at the figure now leaning on the wall besides the restaurant. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey," Zach said to her.

"Zachy," she walked over but he met her half the way, hugging her tightly. "I missed you,"

"You just saw me this afternoon." He told her.

"So what? I want to see you every time. Is that a problem?"

"Fine, let me take you out." He told her leaning to brush his nose against hers

"Perfect!" She chimed happily. Taking her hand in his, they began walking away.

"But weren't you waiting for someone?'

"He isn't coming, he's late and didn't even call." Freya said.

"He?" Freya cursed silently. "Who is it that you were supposed to meet?"

"Em... about that...."  She started and he raised a brow curiously. "It's my brother, he wanted to let collect some documents from him. You know how my brother is," she said licking her lips nervously.

"Yes, I do know and what I also do know is that you suck at lying to me. Why don't you just stop?" Zach said to her.

"Fine, I'm sorry. It was Samson, I wanted to end things officially between us."

"It's fine,"

"Really,"

"Yes," he said rolling his eyes. She went ahead to hang her arm around his.

"So where are we going?"

"You'll see," he said to her. Not bothering to meet her curious gaze.

---

"We are looking for a certain man named Zachary Phillips." Peterson said.

"You are looking for our boss-" one of the workers said.

"What do you want?" Another said instead. "Mr. Phillips isn't present at the moment, come back later in the day." The teenager said.

"Isn't that his car packed outside?" One of the policemen said.

Zachary slid out from under the car he was working on. Standing up to wipe his arm, he grabbed a bottle of water. Opening it, he took a gulp and shut it back.

"Yes, so what? Why are you looking for him anyways?" The teenager replied.

"Let it be Jordan," The two policemen turned to stare at the figure that had his attention on them the whole time. Zachary walked to them.

"Gentlemen, to what do I owe this honour?"

"Zachary Phillips, you are needed at the station to answer a few questions regarding the death of Miss Freya Ryder." Peterson said.

---

Thea giggled in excitement when Ashton kissed her everywhere playfully.

"Stop it," he only pulled her closer to himself spooning her from behind.

"I'm happy," he said after a while. "It's been months since I felt like this but I'm finally happy." He told her before pressing a kiss to her shoulders affectionately.

"What did it feel like when you left?"

He sighed the turned to lie on his back with his hand under his head.

"I felt incomplete, I felt like I was leaving something very important behind." He told her before turning to look at her, catching the sad look on her face. But she was quick to wipe it off.

"I wanted to call you but I thought you wouldn't pick up because you hated me,"

He Chuckled. "I certainly wouldn't. I was so angry that I forced myself to delete your contact but I always had second thoughts. I don't know maybe I still had hope for us?"

She mustered a smile. Shifting closer to him, she spread her arm over his exposed waist.

"You aren't wearing it," she discovered.

"What?" He asked confused for a moment.

"Our necklace," she slide her hand over to his chest where the necklace was supposed to lay.

"It's at home, by my dressing mirror. I couldn't bring myself to wear it. It's funny I never even thought of throwing it away or anything." His hands pulled her tightly to himself.

She was quiet for sometime. "What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing... it's just, Freya did see me working in a restaurant sometime and we talked for a while. I thought she would tell you anyways, I guess she didn't, she kept it a secret like I ask."

"I didn't know,"

"I know, that's why I never judged you Ash, I was in the wrong. I know that, I've known that since you left for London but I just didn't know how to come to you to apologise."

"Let's forget about that now. I've enjoyed most of the evening and I don't want our past to ruin what we have now." He told her.

"Ash?"

"Hm"

"I love you," she whispered against his lips, expecting him to just smile in an attempt to make her feel better. She wasn't wrong for expecting him to feel unsure after one year of being separated.

He sighed then kissed her on the forehead affectionately, his lips lingering there for quite sometime. He made her heart skip a bit by his next words.

"I love you too Thea, i never stopped loving you."