Corrupted Book Of Long Lost Memories

Time: 3:50 am
A black silhouette got up from bed and dressed up in some clothes that looked identical to Haru's old ones. She had a meeting at this hour with "an old friend" as she called the person she had to meet. She disappeared in a blink, teleportation? Maybe?
She went exactly in the location they talked about.

"Shadow": Why did you want to see me?

She stared blankly, there was no one.
A person that couldn't be seen clearly because it was so dark outside, someone suddenly came out from behind a tree.
???: There you are. "They" smiled

??? : I wanted to remind you why I created you, my dear. They played with "Shadow's" hair. I need you to bring back something for me, I think you know it very well. *chuckles*

"Shadow's": Why do you torture this girl so much? Isn't there another way to get what you want?

"They" stared at her for some time and spoke

???: No. This is the only way to inflict desire energy in her, I gave you her memories, right? You know what happened to her, you know her just as much as her "old self" knows her. I need to get her back somehow.

"Shadow's": But she hates you to death, how do you think she'll become your ally over night?

???: Hehe, I control her energy, do you think controlling her won't be an option? After all I have the strength needed.

"Shadow's": Old man, sometimes I feel like you completely lost your mind....
???: Ahahaha...

"Shadow's": So how am I supposed to do it? I don't wanna hurt her....

???: Ugh... You inherit her mercy, like you're her child... I told you to not have mercy on her, if you'll do so... Our plan will fail! And if our plan will fail...

He came closer to her and touched her left cheek.
???: I'll make you evaporate in thin air. After all, you are just a pile of desire energy with a psychical body...
The Shadow has already been tortured all her life she had on Earth and "evaporating"... Is terrifying.
???: I'll need you to make her see her real past, we both know it. I gave you everything needed for this. Her memories are messed up and she doesn't remember them very well, and if she does, the desire personality will take over, this is what I need. Good luck, kid, here use this book, it will teleport you both in her real memories. I'm counting on you to get back what I've lost.

"Shadow" takes the book and looks at the person, "they" smiled and gave her a pat, but she couldn't smile back, she just agreed to betray a friend.
The person looks a bit confused at her.

???: You remind me so much of her... You don't smile often too, do you?

"They" teleported away, no one knows where or how, or where they went...
"Shadow" looked at the book in her hands, droplets of tears left her eyes, they were a transparent red, just like her eye colour. "How could I do this? After everything... Is this my only porpuse? To torture?...."
She fell on her knees and dried her eyes.
"Shadow" had free will, she could choose what to do, but whatever she chose, would have consequences. She knew it very well... But she also had a wish to live like a human does, but she wasn't human, what was she anyways? Besides a pile of energy, she was nothing in this world. She has the looks of someone else, memories of someone else, she's not her own person.... Who knows if there where other attempts like her before, maybe she wasn't the first to be asked to do this...
There was one thing she knew for sure....

She doesn't deserve any of this pain she's getting.

Thanks for reading as always! I hope you like how it begun. Please keep your tears for the next chapters, this isn't the saddest you'll read yet ^^