Brother

October 13, 1978

October 13, 1978.

Last video had set some in smiles. It had a positive vibe that was hard to shake off. Sure, of course the audience understood who was going to die but that didn't make them content to let those deaths take place. There was a fact that they didn't know why? 

Questions still lingered. Impatience grew within the Great Hall for the lack of answers for the thinkers. Before these thoughts could continue, they were stopped by a music. 

'Regulus Arcturus Black' A girl was seen reading from a name plate.

"Who is she?" Regulus asked.

"Not a Black." Orion said wisely.

Sirius was seen boarding an open carriage and smiling at Regulus, who smiled back. The scene changed to Sirius holding a cigarrete and Orion looking proudly at Regulus from behind.

"He's always proud of him, you know?" Sirius choked in his quiet words, he murmured to James, who sat beside him.

'R.A.B is Sirius's brother.' A voice said in background.

The scene changed to 'Sirius and Regulus Black'

"No, I can't see this." Sirius whispered. James gave him pitying look.

Regulus tried to make an eye contact with his brother hopefully, but Sirius did not meet his eyes.

Sirius was seen walking entering a room grinning at Regulus who smiled back. A cigarrete was seen putting out.

Regulus was seen talking with Sirius.

The Brothers shared a quick glance at each other. It had been quite long since they had a proper conversation like that.

Sirius was seen in the Living Room at night alone, thinking. Older Sirius was seen pointing at the Black Family Tree for a boy. 

"Who is that?" Walburga asked. The older man seemed familiar, but the younger boy seemed to make no sense to her.

Sirius was seen in a windy hallway glaring at his father, Orion. The scene focused to Sirius walking away, and Orion looking away in disgust.

Regulus looked down, with anger and sadness.

Maybe there was no hope. Regulus thought.

A man was seen walking hurriedly in a narrow, dark pathway. He bumped into someone, but did not seem to bother.

The scene changed to soaked Sirius in a living room.

James smiled, he knew what would happen next. Sirius mustered up a smile too at the memory. The moment was painful, running away from his own home, but the love he had received from the Potters, was something he could never ever forget.

James was seen looking from the stairway.

'At your dad's, I was always welcome at the Potters.'

"You're saying that to the our child." Lily said, fondly. She didn't know her child yet, but she would love to meet him. 

Regulus was in a dark corner. His eyes staring emotionlessly.

"Oh brother." Sirius muttered without realizing.

The dark mark was seen moving. Sirius was seen horrified, tears rolled down his cheeks.

He cared....

Sirius was seen next to a curtain smiling at Regulus who put a leg one top of a chair. The scene focused to Sirius chuckling.

The fun old times, when the tense rivalry was not as much as it is now....They missed it.

Regulus was seen looking at the fierce ocean from a boat uncertainly. The strong water crashed here and there. A sad smile spread across his face.

"This is how you die." Sirius said, his eyes widened and terrified. He made the eye contact he feared with his brother, "Why?" he asked.

The scene changed to Regulus smiling and talking to a grinning Sirius. A liquid was seen been taken in a socket. Regulus looked at the water, one last time sadly. 

'I know I will be dead long before you read this'

"NO" Sirius screamed painfully.

Orion looked away, while Walburga looked down, her hands over the forehead. Her children, her blood. Druella put a hand over a distressed Walburga. While Cygnus nodded in respect. Bellatrix looked away, she could muster up some love for her cousin, he was her family after all.

Narcissa clamped her hands over the mouth, to stop her scream. She could not scream, No. But Regulus always understood her. He always did. They were the perfect children, whatever their parents wanted, they did it. They did everything to please, even when their own siblings did not. But the pain of doing it, had its own cost. A cost of pain and suffering. A cost of keeping quiet when they did not want to. A cost of losing their siblings.

Andromeda, too looked away. Regulus and her had a different relation. She spent her time with Sirius whenever there was a family meeting. Regulus and her barely talked, but he was family after all and Andromeda cared for him.

Regulus just stared at his dying last words, he was speechless.

An emerald pendant was shown

'I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.'  Regulus was seen saying.

"Horcrux?" A 3rd year Hufflepuff asked.

Dumbledore looked at Slughorn who looked guilty as if he had committed a crime. 

"Professor, why don't you enlighten us on that?" Dumbledore said calmly.

"You cannot be serious, Albus! They are only children!" Professor Slughorn protested meekly.

Albus Dumbledore simply pinched the bridge of his crooked nose, "I see, but that did not stop you from sharing the knowledge years ago."

Professor Slughorn deflated, his face looked like it aged suddenly. "You-You know I didn't know. It was a mistake. I didn't know what he would grow to become." 

Dumbledore looked at him through his glasses wisely, "I do not blame you for the past, but holding information from curious ears is never wise." 

Slughorn seemed to take in his words. He looked at him pleadingly one last time, to help him but Dumbledore  seemed to make no movement.

"A Horcrux is created to achieve immortality by splitting a wizard's soul into separate pieces." He said finally.

"Pardon me, but did you just say splitting a soul?" A Ravenclaw asked worriedly.

"Yes, unfortunately I did." 

The room erupted into protest of disbelief. 

"Silence! Why don't we continue? It is hard to believe, but it is the truth. If you can piece it all together, then well done. If you are unable too, then perhaps the video will make it clear." The voice of Lady Hogwarts rang out.

Creatures were seen crawling into a torn, broken down muddy land.

A man was seen in middle of the land holding a lighting wand.

The scene changed to Sirius in a graveyard. His eyes widened, and horrified.

----------------------------------

Credits to the youtuber Rebecca Black, the editor of the beautiful music edit.