Prolouge

Lily Evans. Muggleborn. She discovered that she was a witch when she received a letter from Dumbledore, inviting her into the magical castle of Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Her sister, Petunia, hated her from that moment on.

Severus Snape, was the boy that taught Lily about magic, the one she was friends with first. Best friends, in fact. But drew apart when he was sorted into Slytherin, a house of cunning and deceptive people. Where as Lily was sorted into Gryffindor, a house of brave and courageous people. Already drifting away from each other, their friendship shattered when Severus called Lily a foul name under pressure from his friends- a mudblood. A most horrid name for someone who was muggleborn, someone who purebloods seem to assume they have 'dirty blood'. And after that, they were never friends again.

Being hit on every 30 seconds by a boy called James Potter, was pretty annoying for Lily. He hit on every girl he came into contact with, and all of them quickly fell for him; then he dumped them after a week. Lily did not want to be tolerated like that, thank you very much. She was perfectly happy with her one friend that hadn't left her: Marlene.

Marlene was Lily's best friend. They would do everything together. Not EVERYTHING, that was an exaggeration. But most things. They were there for each other when no one else was, they could make each other smile on a day that was, quite frankly, going terribly wrong. And best of all, they had a strong bond that could not be broken by any boy- AT ALL.

James Potter. Pureblood. Though he doesn't act like it- he does not determine a person by what type of blood they have. Living all of his life with magic, Hogwarts was no surprise to him, the talking paintings, moving stairs, all totally normal. His parents were older than most, and he was an only child, so going to Hogwarts was a big opportunity for him; which is how he met his best friend, Sirius.

James and Sirius were those inseparable troublemakers: pranking, sassing the teachers, and who knows what else. Also, charming ladies men. Literally every single girl in Hogwarts had huge crushes on them. Not a surprise though, they were both extremely handsome and charming, so basically every girl fell for them.

However, there was only one girl on James' mind 24/7: Lily. Though she thought of him as some arrogant toe- rag as he went out with a bunch of girls. But honestly, he was only trying to make her jealous- and so far, it had not worked. He liked her, but she hated him.

He did hex people for fun. He would never hurt them, he would always get Remus to put counter curses on them. And that brings us to our next subject.

The marauders. 4 boys: James, Sirius, Remus and Peter. Remus was the sensible one, prefect, but werewolf. He was bitten by a werewolf called Greyback as a small child. In 5th year when the other marauders found out, they all were loyal to him. They managed (don't ask me how) to become unregistered animagus. A stag, a dog and a rat, which is where they got their nicknames, Prongs, Padfoot, Wormtail and Moony.

Lily pretty much despised of all of them, except Remus because they were both friends, prefects, and they would study together. Other than that, despising them.

This is going to be the story of their 7th year at Hogwarts- the year that will change them for life. Better or worse?