No. 14

Hello everyone!!!
(I just wanted to add something in) but feel free to message me anytime about anything because you're all so lovely and I'd love to talk to you all! Just no links pls
I'm actually so tired right now it's like half eleven. :(
This chapter is really mild compared to the next one ;)
Enjoy the chapter! 💗

"Hey Marmaduke."

"Jimmy Jimbo." Marlene nodded her head as a greeting to James as he sat down next to her on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room.

"Have you seen Lily lately?" James asked Marlene.

"No actually. She's always in the library now. I haven't seen her for days. I don't think anyone else has either. She's started sitting at the back of class on her own too." Marlene sighed then suddenly became deadly serious. "There's something up with her."

"I know. I just need to talk to her." James sighed, Lily was never like this. She was avoiding everyone.

"I think you'll be the only person she'll talk to right now. Go find her." Marlene punched James' arm playfully and smiled at him.

"I will." He brotherly hugged Marlene and exited the common room with the map in his hand.

<>

Whatever happened, James always found himself at the astronomy tower. It's where everything important happened, I guess.

"Lily?" He peered round a corner and spotted a red head looking out of the castle longingly.

"Oh!" She sharply turned around and blushed a colour of Crimson. "Sorry, erm, I was just leaving." She kept her head down and carried on walking, but James was too quick for her. He had gripped her hand tightly and pulled her round.

"What's up with you?" He whispered, not to startle her.

"Nothing. I'm... I'm fine." She looked around, as if someone were to come out or... Or someone was watching them.

"Lily, it's okay. There's no one else here but us. It's okay." He reassured her and squeezed her hand.

"It's never okay, James. Nothing is ever okay." She whispered, keeping her head down.

"Lily." He cooed, pulling her into a hug. She hesitated for a moment, and then pushed him away.

"Stop." She said sternly. "It's... It's best if you... If you stay away from me." She turned away from him, hating every moment.

"Why?" He kept calm and took a step towards her.

"You won't understand." She shook her head in denial.

"Then help me to. I want to understand." He put a hand on her shoulder.

Lily's blood boiled to the point where she almost exploded. "You want to understand?!" She shouted, brushing his hand off and spinning round. "You want to understand that I'm a MUDBLOOD. And don't even look at me like that because you know it's true! They're going to try and hurt you. And I can't stand to see you hurt." She lowered her voice for her last sentence, backing away from James.

"Do I look like I care?! Do I look like I care, Lily? You're not a mudblood. Don't you believe it for one second." He folded his arms when he talked, frowning.

"I'm provoking them to attack you! To attack all of you! They've already threatened me! They've already attacked me! There's nothing I can... I can do." She crashed her body against the wall and slid down it slowly, breaking down into tears.