No. 15

Guys I am so so so so sorry sorry I know I was supposed to update yesterday but I got BANNED FROM THE INTERNET
but it's okay now though because I'm back on.
❌❌❌❌WARNING❌❌❌❌
YOU GUYS MAY DIE OF FEELS BECAUSE I KNOW I DID WHEN I WAS WRITING THIS.

"Lils?" James asked the girl leaning on his shoulder, doing her homework for tomorrow.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you... if you wanted to stay at mine for the Christmas holidays?" He asked, scared for her response.

She looked up at him and smiled widely. "I'd love to. But I'd like to go home for a day or two, to see my family."

"That's okay, as long as I get to spend my Christmas with you." He kissed her nose, as she turned back to her homework, and that was the end of the conversation. Because he knew, if there was nothing more to say, he'd let her her on with her homework.

<>

"I can't smell the damn thing!" James rolled up his sleeves and ran his hand through his hair.

Lily and James had been paired together in potions and were brewing Amortentia, and seemed to think that they had gone wrong somewhere...

"Well maybe if you didn't use so much shampoo this morning then we might have a chance of smelling it!" Lily frowned at him, then peering back into the potion.

"Me?! What about your endless amounts of perfume you've put on this morning!" He tilted his head at her, frowning back.

"I don't understand... I followed the instructions perfectly." She flicked through her text book.

"Well we've obviously gone wrong somewhere..." James hovered over Lily and read her book.

"You guys-" Sirius decided to butt in.

"Not now, Sirius." Lily put up a hand to his face, silencing him.

"But-" he tried, again.

"She said not now." James patted Sirius' shoulder and turned back to the potion.

"What about the-" Lily started, trying desperately to figure out what went wrong with their potion.

"YOU GUYS!" Sirius yelled at them, slamming his hands on the table. "James didn't shower this morning."

"And Lily ran out of perfume last week." Marlene swept past the table, her blonde hair waving behind her.

Lily stared wide eyed at them, before looking back her potion, blushing fiercely.

"Well this was an interesting way to find out..." James said, realising what had just happened.

"What? That I... that I love you?" She finally brought herself to look up at him and make eye contact.

"I love you, Lily." James looked directly into her eyes and smiled, just a small smile.

"Love is a strong word." Lily smiled and shook her head, looking back down at her textbook.

"That's why I used it." James said, walking up to her and lifted her chin to look at him.

And if they were not in the middle of a classroom full of students, they would have had a make out session then and there.

<>

For the past 5 days, they had both been extremely busy planning the Christmas ball, and had no time to ask anyone.

Lily just assumed that they were going to go together, but James had other things on his mind.

Lily entered the common room after finishing her dinner, to a surprise she was not expecting.

James was stood there with a small bunch of red roses tied up with some white silky ribbon. He saw her and smiled as she looked at him in awe; no one had done anything like this to her before.

"Do you want to go to the Christmas ball with me?" He held out the flowers towards her as she walked up to him and took them out of his hands, placing them on the set of drawers behind him.

She cupped his face in her hands and she kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her waist as hers travelled from his face to his neck. She finally pulled away.

"Yes."

Their foreheads were pressed against each other, and were both hugely smiling. He moved his head and peppered her neck with kisses; he knew it was her weakness.

"James... st-stop." She found it incredibly hard to speak, scrunching her eyes.

"I don't think you want me to." He mumbled, carrying on.

"James... James... seriously." she panted, as she brought his head back up to hers, connecting their lips.

"I love you." James said through the kiss.

Lily smiled, and replied "I love you too."

<>

"I had to miss potions today because I had an extra Charms study session. Did I miss anything?" Alice asked Marlene and Lily, checking through her notes.

"Well... maybe." Lily mumbled, crossing her legs on Marlene's bed.

"She means yes. A lot." Marlene looked like she was about of burst with excitement.

"Why? What happened?" Alice pit her papers aside, realising how excited Marlene was.

"Lily's in love." She squealed, as Alice's mouth dropped.

"Don't tell me it's-"

"Yup."

"Lily! You love him?" Alice smiled as Lily looked up.

"Yeah. Yeah, I love him." She nodded in confirmation to herself.

"My little Lily's all grown up!" Marlene wrapped her arms around Lily from behind, over dramatically sighing.

"I can't believe I was the last one!" Lily sighed.

"To what?" Marlene asked over Lily's shoulder.

"The last one of us to fall in love." She smiled as Alice came from her bed to sit next to Lily.

"What about me?" Marlene asked.

"It's pretty obvious you love him." Lily raised her eyebrows at Marlene as she sat down next to her.

"But I can't." Marlene's excited mood faded as she slipped into the sudden realisation:

She did love him.

"But you do." Alice looked at Marlene with sympathy.

"But... but... but I just can't." Marlene remembered how Sirius used to act. How he would move on from girl to girl.

"He's changed, Marls. I know." Lily said seriously, slinging an arm around Marlene's shoulder.

"Boys are so confusing." Marlene mumbled, leaning on Lily's shoulder.

"You don't have to tell me." Lily put her arm around Alice, looking at her two best friends. And what they had all become.