No. 25

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER FEATURES JUST JAMES AND LILY SO IF THIS DOESN'T TICKLE YOUR PICKLE, DON'T READ! (but I wouldn't mind if you did anyway ¯\_()_/¯ )

Hey guys... sorry I'm a shitty author. This chapter is slightly longer than normal, sorry for not updating in like forever. This is due to personal shit, and a huge writers block (you wouldn't believe). Anywaysss I hope you enjoy this late, and very overdue, chapter!

"Morning, baby." he smiled down and kissed her head, "Happy Birthday."

"Yeah, whatever." Lily grumbled, burying her face further into his neck, how did he always smell so good?

"Come on, Lils. It's your birthday! Rise and shine!" James slowly began to sit up, scooping up Lily in the process to put her on his lap.

"Because it's my birthday do I get an extra 10 minutes cuddle time in bed?" she asked, her eyes still shut.

"We'll miss breakfast, and I'm hungry." he stated plainly, rubbing her back.

"It's my birthday." she pouted.

"I know, Lily, but-"

"Please?" she pleaded, tilting her head and kissing his jaw.

"God damn it, you know I can't say no to you." he sighed.

She smiled, satisfied that she had won that round, as he lay back down with her. "Just 10 more minutes."

"McGonagall will kill us if we're late." he mumbled, resting his head beside hers.

"What happened to bad-boy James Potter who couldn't give a flying fudge if he was late or not?"

"He met Lily Evans."

"Touché, Potter."

<>

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENTS!"

"James! What are you doing?" Lily asked frantically, talking to her boyfriend, currently stood on the gryffindor table in the great hall.

"Shh, Lily. I'm being a good boyfriend." he winked, "TODAY, JANUARY 30TH IS A VERY SPECIAL DAY. IT WAS THE DAY THAT LILY EVANS WAS BORN, AND TODAY YOU SHOULD ALL WISH HER A HAPPY BIRTHDAY IF YOU SEE HER ANYWHERE! NOW IF YOU WILL PLEASE EXCUSE ME, I HAVE TO LEAVE, BEFORE I AM VIOLENTLY ATTACKED BY MY GIRLFRIEND, THANK YOU." he took a quick bow, before jumping off the table and sprinting out of the great hall.

"James Potter! I am going to fucking murder you!"

<>

"James, you idiot," Lily sighed, "I told you to crack the eggs gently. Not pound them at full force against the bowl."

James pouted, and began to pick out the bits of egg shell from the bowl of cake mixture. He knew Lily wasn't too fond of parties, so he decided not to throw her one, rather do something he knew she enjoyed- baking. He had the elves in the kitchen prepare them some ingredients, deciding it would be more fun for them to bake the muggle way, how hard could it be? However, James seemed to be struggling, to Lily's amusement.

"And to think, a mother with such wonderful baking talents, gave birth to a son who can't bake for shit." she said cheekily, smirking at him and licking the spoon. "Such a shame, that apron is growing on me."

James turned around and rose one of his eyebrows at her, he was wearing a yellow apron, lined with frills, a bow tied round the back. "Don't, Lils, you know that won't end well."

As soon as he said it, Lily brushed it off as an empty threat, he wouldn't dare do anything to her. "Oh really, Mr Softie?" she giggled.

Suddenly, a handful of flour hit Lily straight in the face. "Really, Miss Evans."