No. 1

Being the person that she is, of course Lily Evans was head girl. She had worked so hard and never thought she would get it- but was over the moon when she did. She hoped head boy was going to be Remus, he is mature and everything, so why not?

"'Sup Evans?" James Potter smugly strutted towards the girl with flaming red hair as she was going through some notes.

"Bog off Potter, I'm not in the mood." She grumbled.

"Oooh who's Mrs Grumpy Pants today eh?" He smirked and rolled his eyes.

She stared daggers at him. "I told you. I'm not in the mood." She said firmly.

"Don't get all stress with me, Evans. I'll see you on the train." He winked at her before walking off, seeming happy with himself.

See him on the train? Lily was confused, they never sat in the same compartment? Him and his little 'gang' always sat in the same compartment. It's probably nothing, she thought.

She sauntered down the isle of the Hogwarts express, soaking up her surroundings. Entering the head boy and girl compartment, she sat down, opening her book and starting to read when:

"Evans! I told you I would see you on the train." He ran his hands through his fluffy black hair, which most girls would find insanely adorable, yet Lily just saw it as an annoying habit that he had inherited.

"Potter. Not to be rude, but I think you have the wrong compartment." She went back to her book.

"No. In fact, I think I can read. It says 'head boy and girl compartment' on there, Evans." He leant up against the door frame, still smirking at the girl with the book.

"I noticed, Potter. And I'm guessing you're neither." This must be a joke, she thought.

"Nope."

"You can't be head boy. This has to be some sort of joke." She shook her head and laughed weakly.

"No joke. Dumbledore's choice." He went and sat down "So I get to work with you for a whole year then." he raised his eyebrows and Lily slammed her book shut.

"I don't know what you're thinking, Potter. But it's never going to happen. 'Kay? Keep this professional." She was breathing really heavily now, maybe it was just a nightmare?

"Sure. But maybe we could spend more time with you? Maybe take you on a date?" He smirked and leant forward.

"In your dreams Potter. Okay, so you have duties every night at 10-12pm, except on Sunday's. 4 of them will be with me, 1 with Remus and one with that other Gryffindor prefect, Zoe. Clear?" She spat out.

"Clear. So 4 with you eh?" He tilted his head.

"Only 2 hours a night. And they are duties. Not time for anything else."

"That's what you think." He muttered.

"Huh?"

"Uh nothing? Anyway I'll see you later, Evans. Duties tonight?" He stood up and walked over to the door.

"Meet me at outside the fat lady at 9:55 sharp. No earlier, no later." She pointed at him.

"You got it." He walked off, leaving Lily satisfied, and slightly confused.

<>

They had a meeting with Dumbledore after the feast, because head boy and girl have to share a common room. That Lily was immediately rolling her eyes and James was grinning like an idiot.

"Soooo how'd it go?" Marlene asked, slamming some books down onto her bed, and Lily, was sat on her former bed.

"Ugh awful. Why does he have to be so vain?" She sighed.