No. 4

I am so so so so sorry for not updating I'm on holiday and the wifi is awful and my mum shouts at me to get off my phone because I'm always writing but I was stuck for ideas so I'm sorry but I'm rambling now so here's the chapter

~~

The say of the Hogsmeade trip was a nerve wracking time for James. He was going with Lily. Lily! His mission was for everything to be absolutely perfect. No flaws; he basically wanted her to just love it. He had everything planned out.

<>

"You ready to go?" He asked her, as she bounced down the stairs from her room.

"Yup. Let's go!" She smiled at him, and he was just dreamily grinning. To be honest, it did look kind of creepy. "So, where are we going first?"

"Well," he began "First, we are going to the three broomsticks for butterbeer. Plus, this is a bonus, Padfoot and McKinnon will be in there. So we can watch them." He smirked.

"Sounds great. But her name is Marlene. Not 'McKinnon'."

"Okay. Okay. Padfoot and Marlene." He playfully rolled his eyes.

"Thank you. And don't you roll your eyes at me mister!" She pointed a finger on his chest as they arrived in Hogsmeade. "It's weird to think that this is one of the last times that we'll come here."

"Yeah. I never realised. Time flies too fast." He looked around Hogsmeade. "Here we are!"

They arrived outside a smallish black building with some chipped paint here and there with a small sign vaguely spelling out 'The Three Broomsticks'. They walked inside and went to the bar, James ordering some butterbeer and the young waitresses staring at him.

"Yeah okay." Lily said, dragging James over to a table, rolling her eyes to herself because of those waitresses staring at James. Was she jealous? No. No she wasn't. Maybe?

"Were you jealous?" James smirked at Lily. Even if she lied, he knew her too well.

"Erm," she looked away "Well... how do I put this. If I'm going to Hogsmeade with you, I don't want other girls literally drooling over you. You know what I mean?"

"I do. Like that cluster of boys behind you, drooling over you, literally." James nodded his head towards a group of boys sat behind their table drooling over Lily. And they actually were.

"There are?!" Lily spun around and addressed the boys "Place those eyes somewhere else and wipe your chins." She turned around and James just sat there, shocked.

"I didn't think you would actually do that!" He said, still in shock.

"I don't want them staring at me!" She giggled. James just smiled- she looked so pretty when she laughed. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you're gorgeous." He smile at her and she looked down at the table, smiling as her red hair fell over her face. He tucked it back behind her ear and before his hand could reach the table again, she had already grabbed it and placed their hands on the table together.

James' heart was literally exploding out of his chest: she was holding his hand. He interlocked his hand with hers as they both grinned at each other. The butterbeers arrived and they both immediately took a sip- leaving themselves with frothy moustaches. Instantly, they both burst out laughing and, with their free hand, they wiped the froth from their faces. They looked at each other for a while.

James though Lily looked so pretty with her emerald green eyes, red fiery hair, her dimples just placed neatly on her cheeks. He thought their hands were just meant to fit- but he'd never really got the chance to test it.

Lily was finding this Hogsmeade trip amazing. She had learnt to love spending time with James and just being around him gave her butterflies. Which also kind of confused her because she had never felt this way about a boy before. Especially James Potter. But... things change. Did she like him? But she didn't? Did she? She probably did, anyway. I mean, they were holding hands- for a very long time.

<>

"Lil, come on it's fun! Please?" He batted his eyes and tilted his head, and Lily almost melted inside.

"Oh fine. Just 5 minutes in Zonkos. Anything can happen there!" Lily moaned. Oh, did I forget to mention that they were still holding hands?

"Take a little risk! It's part of life!" James pulled her towards the entrance of the the shop. "Ladies first." He gestured her inside.

"Why thank you." She said, putting on her best posh voice and walking inside.

The shop was like the Marauders dream: basically like a prank bomb had exploded. It was full of the expected and unexpected and everything else you could think of.

"I just need some more dung bombs and then were out okay?" He leant down to Lily and whispered.

"Okay." She replied, clutching James' arm.

<>

A couple of minutes later, they were out of the shop, with James clutching a slightly large bag of dung bombs.

"Are you sure you really need that many dung bombs?" Lily asked James, staring at the large bag in James' hand.

"As many as I can get my hands on." He smirked "Now come on. I have something to show you."

He grabbed hold of Lily's hand again and walked her around the back of Hogsmeade.

"Wow." Is all she could say.

It was a beautiful autumn science that looked like it was from a movie. The leaves were still oranges and browns, scattering the floor in huge piles. The trees were enormous and towered over everything there. The odd park bench was placed here and there and it seemed to be completely empty.

"Do you like it? I found it last year. I haven't shown anyone before." He looked around, checking no one was there.

"It's so beautiful. Thank you for showing me this, James." She smiled "But I bet you can't catch me!" She dropped her shopping bags onto the floor and sprinted off.

"Oh it's ON!" He shouted, dropping his stuff too, running after her.

They chased each other in and out of the trees for a couple of minutes in the beautiful orange scene.

"Gotcha!" He said pulling her into himself around the waist, spinning her around.

"Put me down!" She squealed, laughing.

He twirled her once more, then swung her back onto the ground, she held onto his wrists, facing him- obviously dizzy. They were both still hysterically laughing at each other until they had absolutely no laughter left in themselves and just stood there, smiling at each other. Lily leaned in and hugged him around his waist.

"Thanks. For today." She said, positioning herself in the hug.

"You're welcome." He smiled, putting his arms around her. His mission was complete.

They both slowly stared pulling out of the hug and stopped and stared at each other. They stood there for a few seconds, looking into each others eyes, until Lily realised what was happening, blinked and looked down. They both came apart and started walking back to the castle in silence. Not awkward silence though, happy silence.

<>

James was basically in some sort of bubble of happiness right now. His perfect day went even more perfect than he had planned. He really did like her. A lot. What if she didn't like him back? Too soon. She'd only just stopped despising him. Slow down, James.

Lily didn't now what to think at all. Did she like him. They were friends... but what happened if she did like him? What does she tell him? She was so confused. Over a boy? She'd never been confused over a boy before? This must mean something...

ahah I bet you thought they were gonna kiss I'm so mean