No. 7

Ah! 3k?! I can't even begin to describe how amazing you all are! And (sneak peak) I have started writing a modern Jily AU, which I think you guys will really like. It's still in the making, but I'm hoping, that I'll be ready to publish it soon. Get excited!!! I love you all enjoy the chapter! ❤️

"Good morning." James stretched as he walked down the stairs from his room, to find Lily reading on the sofa- what a surprise.

"'G morning. Sleep well?" She said, glancing up from her book, to see James in his jogging pants and a vest.

"Mhm. You?" He mumbled, sitting down next to her.

"First Quidditch match of the season today. Surely you're happy about that." She said, closing her book.

"Not if you're not there." He pouted at her.

"James, I really do need to finish this." She tapped her book with her finger nail.

"Please." He popped the 'p', batted his eyelashes and swiftly squeezed her hand.

"Fine. But I won't know what's going on." She sighed, slightly grinning.

"Doesn't matter, you're going to be there. Which means I need to get ready." He jumped off the sofa, running back off to his room as Lily chuckled to herself.

<>

James was in the Quidditch tent, pacing up and down the floor, Sirius had tried to calm him (or at least stop him) but it was useless, so he gave up.

A small head full of red flaming hair peeked through the tent before entering.

"James? Are you okay?" Lily asked, approaching the still pacing James.

"What? Lily? Oh I'm grand." He stopped. "Aren't you supposed to be in the stands?"

"Well, yeah but I forgot to wish you good luck." she smiled at him, and he returned one.

She flung her arms around him, and nuzzled her face into his neck mumbling 'good luck, be careful' and taking in a huge scent wave of pretzels and honey.

He wrapped his arms around her waist, mumbling 'thanks' as he buried his face in her hair.

She broke away after a while, smiled, and scurried out of the tent to find Alice.

<>

James was desperately fighting the Gail force winds that were almost knocking him off his broom as he tried to catch even a small glimpse of the small golden ball he was supposed to catch. He flew slowly around the pitch, keeping out of everyone's way, scanning everywhere for the snitch.

Lily was watching them nervously in the stands, although she did not have the foggiest idea what was going on. She was looking at James fly around the pitch, and grinned at the face he made when he was really concentrating.

He stopped mid-air in a spot where he could pretty much see everywhere. A blunger came zooming towards him but he just about missed it by a few centimetres when another whacked him right in the gut. He blacked out and tumbled off his broom, falling at a scary speed towards the ground. Lily looked at him in shock, and clutched Remus' arm and gasped.

<>

"D' you think he's okay?"

"I think so. Madam Pomphrey said he would be."

"I wish he would wake up."

"Lils, you can't make him, he took a pretty hard hit."

"I know, Remus, I know. I just need to know he's okay."

James stirred, shuffling in the bed he had been put in. He squinted and blinked a couple of times, before opening his eyes properly. Lily was sat down next to him, clutching his hand and stroking her thumb up and down his knuckles, Remus was sat next to Lily as her head was on his shoulder and Marlene and Sirius were stood on the other side of him.

"Well your wish has been granted." He grunted, opening his eyes fully, finding it hard to move.

"James?"

"Yeah Lils, I'm okay." He gave her a small smile.

"Thank. God." She sighed, beaming.

"Prongsie, you okay?" Sirius patted his friends arm, while Marlene was clutching onto Sirius' other arm.

"I'm alive, that's for sure, but the pain wrecks."

"Poppy said you would be here a while... you took a pretty hard fall." Sirius said, tears brimmed his eyes to see his best friend in the state that he was in, but he managed to choke them back.

"Like how long?" He asked, attempting to sit up, but flinching in pain, Lily helping him lie back down.

"1 or 2 weeks. Just to let the pain ease." Lily shut her eyes briefly, she shut them just the right time for James to notice that her eyelashes were wet.

"We had better get going now..." Remus signalled Sirius and Marlene. She seemed to understand, but Sirius thought otherwise.

"But-"

"Let's go." Marlene batted her eyes at Sirius, before swishing her long blonde hair out of her face and leading the two boys out of the room, winking at Lily.

The two sat there in silence, just looking at each other, for a couple of minutes.

"I was so scared." Lily admitted, sighing. She fluttered her eyelashes as single tears ran down her face.

She cared. She actually cared. James never thought he'd see the day she would cry about him. But now he felt awful, she was crying for him. Ah, he felt so guilty- he could hardly move from unbearable pain, yet he still felt like he had made Lily cry. I guess he cared too.

"No, no, don't cry. I'm fine. Look I'm talking and breathing and..." James gabbled, making Lily smile through her tears. "Ah, there's the smile."

She smiled again at his little heart flattering comment "I was just so worried that... you had..." she couldn't finish her sentence before another flood of tears spilled down her cheeks, thinking about what would happen if James had... gone.

"Yeah. But I didn't. So there's no need to think about that. M'kay?" He raised his eyebrows at her. She scrunched up her face, before wiping the tears from her face. "And I'll be up and active in a couple of weeks and everything will go back to normal." He squeezed her hand, making a slight pain rush up his arm, but didn't notice. He was too focused on the girl in front of him.

Silence. It wasn't awkward silence, it was just peaceful silence. Lily wiped her eyes and gave a slight chuckle.

"What?" James smiled at her.

"It's just funny," she began "That a couple of months ago I couldn't even imagine myself here. This. A year ago if anyone had told me this would be happening I would have slapped them upside the head."

James smiled at her and then sighed, looking disappointed.

"What's wrong?" She asked him, tracing circles on the back of his hand.

"You see, now would be the perfect time to kiss you, but I can barely move, so that's not gonna happen." He explained to her, as she sighed. It was super sweet that he wanted to kiss her, she thought. She secretly wanted to kiss him too, why did he ever have to be in this accident?

She quickly leaned over his bed and planted a small, sweet kiss on his forehead before backing back down into her chair.

"Does that make you feel any better?" She asked him, beaming.

"Loads." He had one of those stupid grins on his face.

He should be the one doing the forehead kisses, he thought. He should be able to walk up to her and place as many kisses on her face as he pleases. But no. He had to go and get himself hit with a blunger, didn't he. So he could barely move as to hold someone's hand.

Preferably Lily's.