No. 21

Hello everyone! I actually updated on time this month what a surprise! Happy bonfire night! Everyone went out to to see like the fireworks and stuff but but I just stayed in with a couple of sparklers lmao. Well enjoy the update! <3

"James I set up the airbed for you in Lily's room, so you two are welcome to go up anytime now." Rose shouted into the living room, not wanting to disturb the two.

Pft, airbed. James thought.

<>

He lazily slung his arm over her petite waist, rolling over on the bed to face her. She was sleeping soundly, her chest moving up and down ever so slowly. Her gorgeous red locks fanned out on the pillow, as James buried his head in her hair, pulling her in closer to him.

She roller over towards him, their noses millimetres away from touching; he could feel her warm breath graze over his face as she slept. He kissed her small nose, before falling into a deep slumber himself.

<>

Lily's eyes slowly fluttered open, as the fist thing se saw was the man sleeping beside her. She quietly smiled to herself, before slowly lifting his arm up, as not to wake him, to roll over and check the time.

11:46am.

Something was happening at twelve, Lily was sure of it- however she couldn't quite put her finger on exactly what it was.

Minute passed as she wracked her brains, trying to think of what could be happening at noon.

11:51am.

Visitors! They were going to have visitors! Who were they? Who were they...

11:55am.

PETUNIA AND VERNON. Oh god, Vermin. They couldn't be here. No, no, no, no.

11:56am.

4 minutes. That's all they had. She violently shook James' entire body, moving the entire bed side to side as she did so.

"James! James Potter!" She whisper - shouted. "James Potter wake the fuck up!"

He groggily turned over, to see the firey red head- fuming.

"Lily Evans swearing? What world have I become a part of?" He chuckled gruffly.

"A world were my sister and her god awful boyfriend and going to be arriving in 3 MINUTES and we're still in bed!" She frowned at him, getting off the bed.

"Well what are we waiting for then? Let's get going!" He said, pulling a t-shirt over his head.

"How?! James we're still in our pyjamas!" She ran her hands through her hair in frustration. Why was he so calm?!

"Don't underestimate me, Lils. My parents won't give a crap if we turn up in our pyjamas and I always carry around spare floo power. You know, just in case." He smirked, placing his glasses on his face and picking up his clothes. "Let's go then!"

11:59am.

"Okay fine let's go." She sighed, praising the gods for convincing her to pack her trunk the night before.

They hurriedly said their goodbyes to Lily's parents, as they heard a car pull up in the driveway.

And with that, they were gone.

<>

"I hate floo powder so much." Lily declared, before brushing off her pyjamas and pulling her trunk out of the fireplace.

"I know you do, love. But did you really want to travel the muggle way and run into your sister and her boyfriend?" He said sincerely.

"I guess you're right." She said, running her hands through her knotted hair, it could be worse.

She wiped her eyes, as they adjusted to the room she was in. She would have to guess it was the living room, but it was about 10 times as big as her own. She stared at the sofa in front of her. It was burgundy, with matching chairs on either side, and an oakwood coffee table to match. She could see shelves of books and photo albums everywhere, a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling. This room really was amazing.

"So, do you like it?"

Lily broke out of her trance, realising that she had just been gawking at his living room for a possible five minutes.

"Oh god, yeah. It's amazing." She said awkwardly, stepping towards the door behind the sofa. "Will your parents be up?"

"Yeah, probably. Sirius will likely still be in bed, so they should be wandering about the house somewhere." He shrugged, taking her trunk off of her and opening the door into the hall.

Lily gazed in amazement at the hall in front of her, it was magnificent, to say the least. To break her out of her trance, a figure walked out of the door on the opposite side of the hallway. She was wearing a floral apron, and stopped when she saw the couple.

"James!" She beamed at him, rushing over to him and pulling him into a hug. "You should have told us you weren't coming back last night. Nevertheless, we can't change what has happened. Oh my goodness you must be Lily! My, my. James said you were beautiful, I didn't realise that you were this gorgeous!"

She pulled Lily into a warm hug, and she felt instantly relaxed. She was surprised by the comment, as she was still in her pyjamas, her hair in a loose ponytail.

"It's nice to meet you, Mrs Potter." She said as politely as she could.

"Oh please, call me Dorea!" She smiled, "I'm just making dinner. You go and get unpacked, sweetheart. I expect you both down soon for dinner, we don't want you wasting away."

"Thanks mum." James said, grabbing Lily's hand and pulling her away and up the staircase.

He opened the door for her into her room, not like she was going to spend much time in there anyway, but she needed a place to put her stuff.

"Here we are! So... do you like it?" He said nervously.

"Oh James, it's wonderful!" She said hugging his waist. She put her trunk down next to the large four poster bed with lilac sheets, sitting down.

"My room is right next door, so you won't have far to go." He winked at her, making it obvious, causing her to let out a slight giggle. Why could he do it to her?

Lily Evans doesn't giggle.