No. 17

WARNING
This chapter is entirely based around JAMES AND LILY and features NO OTHER CHARACTERS. So if this sort of stuff isn't your cup of tea... just warning you. Oh, and BEWARE of the FEELS.
Sorry for not updating for a while but the time I was supposed to update last I was in Orlando, so I decided to take a small break. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

James stood outside of the great hall, waiting for Lily to arrive. I mean, how long does a girl take to get ready? She always looks beautiful though. He thought.

Suddenly, he saw her, and his jaw dropped to the floor. She looked amazing. She was wearing an ankle length emerald green dress, with matching velvet shoes. Her hair had been perfectly curled into little ringlets, and lipstick to match the colour of her hair. She lifted her dress up as she walked down the stairs, so she wouldn't trip. She nervously walked over to James, who was still staring at her in amazement.

"So do you like it?" She weakly smiled at him and looked him up and down in his, as she thought, handsome, tuxedo.

"You look... you look... wow." Is all he blurted out and smiled so huge his jaw might have broken.

"Don't you look wow as well." She walked over to him and straightened his collar for him, lifting her head up and giving him an Eskimo kiss.

"You ready to go then?" James asked her, swiftly grabbing her hand and interlocking their fingers.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She said, as they both walked out of their dormitories and down the stairs to the great hall.

<>

You have to admit, they did a pretty good job at organising this. There were two huge tables of food, chocolate fountains, pancakes, savoury foods, they had the lot. They had managed to get a popular wizard band to play, with a huge dance floor at the back of the hall, but still leaving a considerable amount of room for a multitude of large tables to be placed in. Many, many people were already there, including some teachers too. They truly had succeeded with the Christmas Ball.

"Wow... We really did this?" Lily exclaimed, scanning the hall carefully, taking much attention to detail.

"We did. And we should be proud. We have worked so hard on this. Let's just hope it's success." James said, all in one breath, leading Lily into the hall and asked her "What do you want to do first?"

"I don't mind. Just please don't leave me on my own, I can't see any of the girls or the marauders in here yet." Lily clutched tight hold of James' hand.

"I'm not going to leave you, don't worry." James said calmly. "If you don't mind, I'd like to go and test out that chocolate fountain I spent days begging you to get."

"I have to admit, it does look pretty delicious." Lily giggled, as she was being dragged over to the buffet, staring at the piles and piles of food, all neatly set out on the table.

<>

Her arms were slung around his neck, as she stared at him contently, not taking her eyes off of his. The dimmed lights in the great hall reflected off of James' glasses as they both slowly swayed side to side in a circle, as they had been doing for the past fifteen minutes. He drew circles on her waist with his thumbs as they danced, making her grin slightly.

"Come with me, I want to show you something."

<>

"Is this the Qudditch pitch?" Lily asked, her eyes widening.

"Yeah, is it a problem?" James asked, gripping her hand even tighter.

"You're not going to make me play Quidditch in the dark are you? I can't even play Quidditch in the daytime!" Lily panicked. Was he really going to make her play Quidditch? I mean, he knew how terrible she was at flying.

"No, of course not. I'd never make you play Quidditch. You've spent enough time in the hospital wing." He smirked at her, as she chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Very funny. So why are we here again?" She asked him, as he let go of her hand.

"Hop on." He demanded, mounting his broom.

"Seriously?" She asked him.

"Yes, seriously. You trust me?" He queried her.

She sighed heavily, grabbing around his waist from the back, mounting his broom. "I trust you."

And with that, he zoomed off into the nights sky, with Lily squealing behind him, clutching his waist tightly.

"It's okay." He whispered.

She looked across, leaning her head on his back. "It's beautiful." She whispered back, staring at the castle from his broom.

"Almost as beautiful as you." He said, taking one hand off of the front of his broom, placing it on hers around his waist. "Hold on."

He carried on flying towards the castle, landing on a slightly sloped roof. He landed smoothly, letting her get off the broom first, then laying it down on the roof, sitting down next to her.

"Look at the stars." She said, immediately grabbing his hand as he sat down. It was like a magnetic force pulling them together, they were inseparable.

"I used to come up here a lot. Whenever I had any worries, is always come up here, and everything was forgotten." He admitted. "It was sort of my safe place, in a way. Sirius didn't even know about it."

"So why are you bringing me up here? Not that I don't like it." she asked him.

"Because this place is special to me. You're special to me. You're the most important person in my life. And I needed to share it with you. Because it's almost as special as you are."

At this moment, Lily couldn't take it anymore, there were floods of tears cascading down her cheeks.

"Hey, hey, hey. Please don't cry." He moved closer to her, to wipe her tears away with his thumb.

"I'm sorry. I just... I just... I just never thought that anybody would love me. I never thought anybody would care this much. It's stupid, I know." She's shook her head.

"It's not stupid. I think everyone has thought that. I certainly have. And I love you more than anyone else in the world, words can't describe it." He put his strong arms around her, planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Merlin, I love you. I think I love you more than you'll ever understand." She smiled.

"Do you want to start that? Because I will win." He stated, as she looked up at him.

"I highly doubt that." She leaned up to kiss him, and by far, it was the most important kiss that they have ever shared. They both put in as much love and passion in as they could muster, carrying it on for as long as they could, never wanting it to end.

They finally pulled apart, still intensely staring into each other's eyes. "I never want to lose you." She said.

"Even if you did, you'd always manage to find me."