chapter five: he's here

Today I'm going to meet my best friend George for the first time.

I would like to preface this with: I'm mostly excited, but also nervous- really nervous. Sapnap doesn't really seem to care- he had already visited George in the UK, so seeing George again wasn't as big of a deal for him.

But it was a big deal for me.

I wondered why my mind was wandering in a million different places and I tried to get it to shut up, without success. I couldn't turn my brain off.

I felt like my body was overreacting to this meetup: I'm just meeting my best friend for the first time and he's going to see what I look like and he's moving in with me all in the same day. No biggie.

It's exciting. Me and Sapnap and George are going to have so much fun. We'll all finally be able to hang out with each other. Why are you so nervous and...sweaty? The house is freezing, why are you sweating?

George's flight left the UK at 3:45 am his time, and he was supposed to land around 7:45 am my time...time zones are so weird. George told Sap just to pick him up at 8 am, so he'd have enough time to get off the plane, find the bathroom at the airport (apparently George was scared of airplane toilets...kinda makes sense I guess), collect his bags, and make his way out of the airport.

Sapnap went to bed early last night, he had a headache anyway so it took no convincing to get him to go to sleep early. He was passed out by about 9 pm, so he should be plenty rested for an early drive to go pick George up.

I, on the other hand, was definitely not well rested. I actually hadn't slept the whole time night, as I was waiting for George to get here.

I did, however, clean the whole house (besides Sap's room) while Sap was asleep that night. All of the bedrooms and bathrooms, the kitchen, the living room, the patio, the pool. I dusted, swept, mopped, sanitized- everything you could think of, I did it.

I also showered. But not just a simple shower- I had my mom come over a few days ago and trim my hair, so I would have a fresh haircut. I showered with this new fancy 'hydrating shampoo' Drista told me to use (it smells heavily of flowers...but I'm not complaining).

I shaved my face, I groomed...myself. Manscaped, as they say...In hindsight, I don't really know why I did that, but I just felt like I needed to be super clean and make a good first impression for George. Not that he'd be seeing...okay, well anyways-

I laid out an outfit to wear- one of my best outfit choices to date, if I do say so myself- and got dressed. I dried my hair, then put a tiny bit of mousse in it, just enough to make it not look as flat. I brushed my teeth, then realized I hadn't eaten anything in the eight hours I had spent frantically cleaning and washing up, so I made a sandwich, and then brushed my teeth a second time. 

At that point it was just before 8 am, so I waited. I sat in the living room and at first just scrolled on my phone, perusing through Twitter. No one was really up, though, so Twitter was pretty barren, and I got bored of it quickly.