chapter seven: feelings

AUTHOR'S NOTE: sorry for the late chapter y'all. it has been one hell of a weekend. but you're in for a TREAT because this chapter is definitely my favorite so far. happy reading, and don't forget to vote for this chapter if you enjoy it!

-gracie

I woke up at around 11:30 in the morning, yawning and stretching as I peeked out the window that was allowing a single string of light to enter through the blinds. I checked my phone for a little bit, catching up on a few texts and Twitter notifs, then I tried to go back to sleep.

I sat in bed- staring over at my wall while I heard Patches meowing softly outside my door- for almost a half hour. I then decided I'd just get up, because clearly my body wasn't going to let me sleep.

Last night was so much fun- meeting a fan for the first time, dinner with George and Sap...

Oh god. Dinner with George and Sap.

Instantly my mind flooded with mental clips of the previous night: the waitress flirting with George, me getting irrationally angry and almost letting it ruin my night. George is a real trouper for dealing with my bullshit.

Hmm, George...I wonder if he's awake yet. Probably not.

I got up and walked past George's room, pressing my ear up against his door to see if I could hear him up. There was silence, so I figured he was still sleeping.

I started to walk downstairs and heard Sapnap, and it sounded like he was talking on the phone with some woman. But when I arrived at the bottom of the stairs and turned the corner into the kitchen, I saw Sapnap and my mother sitting down at the breakfast nook, eating pancakes together.

I turned my head to look into the living room and there sitting on one of my couches were two bags- my mom's pink cheetah print luggage bags.

"Mom...?" I said awkwardly, walking towards both of them.

"Good morning! I'm sorry, did we wake you?" She asked, lifting a coffee mug up to her mouth and taking a small sip.

"Uh- no, you can't really hear much upstairs." I replied, switching my view from her to Sapnap.

I widened my eyes at Sapnap, giving him a 'Why didn't you tell me my mom was here?' look. Mom must have seen this, though, because she spoke up.

"Oh, I've only been here a few minutes. I called you last night, but you must have been away from your phone, so I called Sapnap and he said I could stop by today." She said.

"It's fine...is something going on?" I asked, confused about this unexpected visit.

She sighed, putting her coffee down. "Well this past weekend, we had an inspection done on our house, because your sister and I were feeling sick and not getting any better. Turns out there's a whole bunch of mold- mostly in the upstairs bathroom and in my room, but also in a lot of random spots throughout the rest of the house. They said it's probably from a combination of the humidity that's picked up lately and I guess our air conditioner isn't working how it should be. The cleaners said they don't know how long the mold has been there- probably at least a month or two- and they told us we have to get it cleaned immediately."