chapt 31 • Perfect

"God bless you all, don't forget to repeat the last scripture to yourself at night" The Pastor finishes and closes his bible, we rise from the seats and I place mine in my bag, heading out of the doors

"Alessio!" I didn't hear the voice calling my name three times before they finally caught up to me.

Madelyn stops right in front of me, really close. If I were to take another step I would probably knock her down.

"I saw you working on something earlier outside by the tall tree and you looked like you needed help and I was just here to tell you that if you need help you can always come to my room" She reaches for her hair and moves the ponytail from behind to the side on her shoulder.

"It was nothing, I figured it out but thank you" I go to walk to my father's office but she stops me.

"Of course you did, you're really smart. But I did need your help, see there's that university project coming up and we need to find a partner to work with for a couple of weeks and submit something together to the university that we wish to attend and I was wondering if you didn't have a"—

"Alessio" My father opens his door and signals me inside, making Madelyn's jaw tick but she keeps her happy smile.

"I'm sorry, I should go" I excuse myself and enter his office and close the door behind me.

"Have you thought about your final project? The acceptance one?" I haven't told my parents about what university I want to attend, they don't know anything and I want to keep it like that for now.

It would probably take more convincing from my father if I told him that I wanted to go to an all art school instead of the religious one he's been planning to make me attend since I was young.

"I'm still working on it, I'm not sure what to do" I don't want to lie, but I have to, I can't have him tell me no before I even see if I get accepted.

"It doesn't have to be much for the university, something like you submitting a video reading those scriptures I prepared for you will do" He tosses a file beside and it ends up falling off of his desk.

I go to pick it up for him and see Honey's photo at the top of the documents.

She hasn't applied to a single university, there aren't any in her interests.

"Can you take that to the council office to Annalise, they're interviewing her and need her files."

Honey mentioned earlier that she would have to be stuck with the council all afternoon.

I told my father that I would see him later as I opened the door.

"Work on that project, I was able to get them to keep your name on their list but they won't keep it for too long."

I'm counting on it.