[08]: Easy to forget||Sunjay

Ship: sunjay (Jay x Sunoo)

Theme: roommates au || angst, short story

tw. mentions of physical abuse

⁚⁛⁎⁑⁎⁛⁖

Jay definitely wouldn't have imagined three years ago that he'd graduate university with top grades and be ready to start working as a psychiatrist in Seoul.

He was terribly single but still enjoyed to wander alone in a evening like this. Well, it was the early days of spring and everyone seemed to hang out with their significant others so it was kind of lonely.

Nevertheless life has changed these past five years but everything felt the same. Even his hair was the same colour and although they've graduated, him and his university friends were going to keep contact.

He mindlessly waited for his take away coffee as his attention was shifted to a group of high school boys.

The loudest amongst them was a brunette boy with a vibrant smile and fox eyes.

The graduate stared intently as memories came back to his mind.

Yeah, his university life wasn't really one of the kind, except his first year.

...

Jay couldn't afford renting a whole apartment by himself so he decided to roommate with him with someone else.

His dad had found another guy who was some months younger than him to live together.

His name was Kim Sunwoo and he had already had his belongings moved in by some workers so he was going to meet with Jay today.

The older was somehow nervous as he continuously straightened up his hair and checking the rooms as if he hadn't cleaned the whole house yesterday.

He flinched once he heard the keys unlocking the door, meaning eagerly to see his future roommate.

Judging from the information that the medicals student had about the Sunwoo guy, he was rich and definitely extroverted since he made a good impression to his father.

The guy entered the apartment, surprising Jay. He was unexpectedly beautiful, with blonde hair and light make up on. The most eye catching characteristic of the boy was his foxy, hazel eyes.

Jay cleared his throat and got up. "Hi, Sunwo-" Well, fuck. He had a voice crack.

Sunwoo giggled and Jay felt his whole world crumble when he saw the beautiful smile colouring the room.

"There's no need to call me Sunwoo, Jay hyung. I prefer Sunoo."

"F-fine..." Jay's voice faded out. What's wrong with him, acting this way?

"I hope we get along!" Sunoo said and hanged his coat as he generously gifted another grin.

"Do you want me to cook?"

"It's ok, I'm full."

...

And that's basically how everything started.

Sunoo was a weird guy, to say at least. He loved parties and being around his friends but once he was home he seemed exhausted and uninterested in any of his acquaintance's social media updates. Although he was friendly, he always preferred to stay private about his personal life meaning that Jay only knew two or three of the friend's that he'd brought in their house.