[22]: Changes I would never miss||Jakehoon

Ship: Jakehoon (Jake x Sunghoon)

Top: Sunghoon / Bottom: Jake

Theme: college au, struggling/toxic relationship, jealousy || smut, angst
(requested by @yjngxz)

⁚⁛⁎⁑⁎⁛⁖

Jake loves Sunghoon. They've been a couple for almost two years now and the older still feels greatly affectionate towards the other and somehow more in love than the start of their relationship, since all of his doubts about Sunghoon have now completely disappeared.

He loved the routine of him waking up next to his boyfriend, living together, going on dates on the weekends and all of their habits.

That was until the younger made it more and more apparent that he was slowly losing his interest.

At first, Jake thought that he was being paranoid, maybe even delusional, blinded by his personal insecurities regarding his attitude and his usual clinginess.

In the olden days, Sunghoon would often assure him that it was alright and he liked the way Jake was but now he was just passively dismissing him.

Something between them had changed.

And Jake didn't know how to make it work anymore.

He was truly struggling, with his fears constantly on his head like a halo.

But hopefully, during those times, a true friend was there to console him, listen to him and give some advice that Jake was consistently trying to put into use, in fear of pissing Sunghoon off.

His friend, Park Yeji, was attending the same college as him and since she is Sunghoon's sister he decided to befriend her, making a good impression to the family.

In contrast with her brother, Yeji is a really sweet girl who's only struggle right now is the fact that her boyfriend didn't have enough money for them to engage before his mandatory military service.

The apartment's door opened, revealing an irritated Sunghoon, plopping himself with anger on the couch.

Jake always found him cute when he was baffled but these days he didn't want to approach his boyfriend during these moments since he did want to avoid a tantrum of his, similar to spoiled childrens' ones, an unnecessary fight and some days of complete silent treatment after this.

Nevertheless, today was their two-year anniversary and he somehow had to remind his partner.

He was quite disappointed that he didn't remember on his own but Sunghoon never did well with dates, right?

"Sunghoon-ah?"

"What do you want, Jake?"

Jake cleared his throat and went closer to the younger's back and started massaging him. "How were you today?"

"Ok, as usual."

"Today's a special day, don't you think?"

"What's so special about a random Thursday?" he asked nonchalantly, not looking away from his phone screen.

"I guess, that we're together-"

"We're together everyday." Sunghoon cut him off with a vexed sigh.

"Yeah, but today is our anniversary?"

"Oh, ok."

Jake was surprised. He didn't sound surprised in the slightest, let alone apologize for being so cold.