[14]: Post-debut struggles ||Jayki

Ship: jayki (Jay x Ni-ki)

Theme: idol au || angst

⁚⁛⁎⁑⁎⁛⁖

Ni-ki lacked something.

Although he was basically born with a silver spoon in mouth, always had the shiniest toys, the tastiest foods he still felt like lacking something.

His friends would tease him and say that it's because he was shy to ask for something that he might want and was always extremely socially awkward. Nevertheless, Ni-ki knew that, in order to get what he actually wanted, he bad to possess the opposite personality traits.

In truth, what the boy aiming for was the school's most handsome guy, who was rumoured to be a trainee under the Hybe label, Jongsaeng.

Jongsaeng was every girl's living prince, distant and mysterious. He had many people chasing after him and just by a glance they would pursuit him more obsessively.

Ni-ki had the looks and the problem mainly was that he lacked the self confidence.

But that day, the boy actually decided to give a shot in talking with the older. After all, he had nothing to lose except the annoying, fluttering heartbeat that he got when the other was in his peripheral vision, something that was happening often since he would often follow the other.

As he was walking in the almost empty school halls, while his heart echoed in his chest as loudly as his steps, he saw the trainee talking with one of his friends.

He cleared his throat, fixed his glasses and straightened his bangs.

'Don't be weird, he doesn't even know you.' Ni-ki kept repeating in his mind as his unstable footsteps made their way to the two people talking.

"H-Hi Jongseong sunbae." he said smiling but avoiding eye contact.

"Hi." the other replied with furrowed brows, possibly not even being aware of his discussant's existence. "So, you are...-"

"Nishimura Riki. We're going to the same literature class." he blurred his words feeling the adrenaline while bitting his lip, agitated.

"Ok..." another awkward silence that made the youngest to contemplate his previous decision.

"So... I wanted to ask you if you wanna go out with me?" Ni-ki finally said, getting through his point.

The guy besides Jongsaeng and the trainee himself laughed obnoxiously.

"I know that you're a rich and all but sorry, I'm not into guys no matter how much you pay me." he said, almost repulsed by the thought.

"Yeah, you're just... such a geek." the friend backed up his peer.

Ni-ki bit his tongue, trying not let tears roll on his cheek. He knew that he wasn't ugly, maybe his appearance was nerdy but in pair with his terrible social skills it wasn't really difficult for him to stand out from the other kids with a similar social status.

"Can you leave now? My girlfriend's coming." Jongsaeng interrupted his train of thoughts, coldly.

The younger didn't waist a second and immediately ran out of the school, whipping the the tears off his eyes.

It felt like the end of the world. Or better, his world.

Why couldn't just the trainee like him back?

Needless to say that after some days, Jongsaeng and his friends started mocking him, tearing Ni-ki's heart in small threads.