[21]: Unconventionally Charmed by You||Jaesun

Ship: Jaesun (Jake x Sunoo)

Theme: high school au, popular x loner || angst
(requested)

⁚⁛⁎⁑⁎⁛⁖

Sunoo liked to make new friends, no wonder that everybody was fond of him. Multi talented and beautiful, it was completely unreasonable for someone to reject his advances regarding socializing.

That's why Sunoo was right now staring at the brunette across the room, almost dumbfounded as they were paired to sit together for today's physics class. Was it maybe a new student?

Understandably, physics made no sense to the blonde who always managed to mess up with the simplest formulas so he really hoped to get paired with a nerd. But now, judging from his look, this dude looks like he hasn't studied since elementary school.

"Who's this guy?" he whispered to his seatmate once the standoffish brunette got up and almost mechanically walked towards them.

"I don't really know... I think he's a Jacob or something? He's really quiet." Jungwon shrugged, getting out of his seat to go to the person he was assigned with.

Sunoo smiled and waved at the guy once he sat beside him, still not sure of how to refer to him since the teacher didn't announce the pairs twice.

The other didn't react to the friendly gesture, with a stone cold expression on his face, indicating his clear apathy and -according to sunoo- misery.

The blonde moved some locks off his forehead in an attempt to seize another glance of the older. He cleared his throat uncomfortably, looking around to all of his classmates talking to each other. "So... I'm Sunoo!" he grinned once again.

"Ok," Jacob didn't seem fazed by this and opened his notebook to pointlessly look away from sunoo's direction.

"What's your name?"

The other turned his head and finally their eyes met, allowing Sunoo to literally scrutinize the other's face.

"My name's Jake."

Jake?

There was something in his voice...

There was something in Jake's voice that made Sunoo's heart beat faster for a second.

The kind of calming, softly-spoken but toneless voice that finished the sentence with the vowels echoing like an unsatisfied, mild-mannered sigh.

Or maybe it was the look he had in his eyes that made the difference.

The freshly awakened, tired eyes that hid a hint of a vague disdain underneath the heavy eyelids of his that were lazily kept open.

"O-oh, Jake huh? Are you new here?"
I'm so freaking stupid Sunoo heard the voice of conscience in his brain reminding him as he opened the textbook too, out of embarrassment.

"No, I'm Sim Jaeyun.'' his matter-of-fact expression turned sunoo's ears red.

Sim Jaeyun was definitely good at making himself invisible amongst his peers although he had top physics & math grades during all of his high school years.

"Nice!" Sunoo's smile widened with his pink tinted cheeks capturing the other's gaze.

Jake shrugged, looking like he wanted to be anywhere but there, preferably alone.

"Can you help me with this?" Sunoo pointed at a problem, desperately trying to get him to have his work done.

"Sure," the older one sounded rather unwilling but still proceeded to solve the given assignment.