Innocence in its Purity

Blinded by tears, Abby rushed inside the school and hurried to the bathroom. Once inside, she leaned against the wall and cried her heart out. He told her he loved her, but she didn't believe it, he was a player and a jerk, how could he possibly love her.

He lied!

A spiral of emotions overwhelmed her and she dropped her face into her palms and cried some more. She so desperately wanted to believe him, but she couldn't. How can he be in love with her, she wasn't beautiful like all his other girlfriends he's had!

"Abby?" Claire called out, "oh my God what happened?"

Girls were going in and out of the bathroom, and when Abby lifted her head, she turned fifty shades of red. "Nothing happened," she lied, and wiped her tears away, "let's go dance!"

She walked past Claire and opened the bathroom door to exit, but Claire pulled her to the corner by her arm and waited for all the girls to exit the bathroom before she spoke, "What happened!" She asked in a firm and unwavering tone of voice.

"Steven told me he loved me." Abby admitted and more tears glided down her face.

Claire raised an eye brow, "And?"

"And he's lying!" Abby told her, "how can he love a girl like me?"

"A girl like you?" Claire was clearly upset by her words, "what do you mean a girl like you! you are beautiful, intelligent, and kind hearted and you're not a whore like the rest of them!"

Shaking her head, Abby said, "I'm not as beautiful as the rest of them!"

"Oh my God Abby!" Claire yelled, "you are more beautiful than any of them!" She grabbed her by the shoulders and turned her around, "just look at yourself in the mirror and tell me you don't look beautiful!"

Abby looked at the mirror but didn't say a word.

Claire rolled her eyes, "just because you are stubborn and refuse to see yourself as stunning doesn't mean that Steven doesn't see it, my God Abby, you look like a Princess, and if I ever catch you dressed in the other clothes again I will rip them off your body!"

"You know why I dress like that, I have no choice!"

"Then go ahead and cover yourself up, cocoon yourself in your hideout and miss out on life and the one boy that you love, or go out there and claim him your's! " Claire yelled, "the choice is yours, and yours alone!"

***************

Ten minutes later, Abby walked down the hallway and back to the door hoping Steven was on the other side of it. She pushed the door open and stepped out. She had made the decision to tell Steven how she felt about him and explain to him why she dressed the way she did and why she had rejected him.

It was drizzling, and lightening flashed across the night sky, but Abby didn't care, she continued down the stairs carefully not to trip over her stilettos. She was excited to finally tell Steven what was in her heart. When she took the last step and found herself on the sidewalk, she raised her head and searched for Steven. There were many couples outside making out, or just holding hands and taking a stroll mindless of the threat of heavy rain.

She walked for a few minutes around the front of the school and didn't see Steven anywhere, and decided to go to the parking lot, maybe he was smoking near or in his car.

****************

Steven's mind was numb, as he listened to Carol filing her complaint. He was getting dizzy and wanted her to leave him the hell alone, he couldn't do this with her anymore, he wanted and loved Abby.