Sweet Nothings

During lunch time, Steven, Anthony, Claire and Abby sat together to eat, again Steven bought Abby lunch and forced her to eat her food. Conversation went smoothly along and Abby admired the attention Anthony was giving to Claire, as she chirped about their trip to Wisconsin.

Jeff was not among the group, he kept his distance and his gut twisted with anger, he was very upset under the circumstances, but he decided to play the waiting game, knowing that it was only a matter of time before Abby and Steven called it's quits.

"Have you boys booked our rooms?" Claire asked wondering what the sleeping arrangements will be. "I hope it's near the beach!"

Abby threw a quick look at Claire and wondered if she expected to sleep in the same bed as Anthony. She felt it was much too soon to be thinking in that tune and she hoped Anthony will respect that.

"I booked two rooms right next to each other, one for you two girls and one for me and Steven." Anthony said, Abby released a sigh of relief.

Steven leaned in and whispered in Abby's ear, "Don't worry I will find time alone with you."

Abby's face turned crimson red and she took a sip of her soda, "I'm so excited!" She said, and she stole a glance at Claire and knew that she too was very excited from the looks of things. Anthony was the ever attentive boyfriend, and Claire drowned happily in it.

The boys got up when it was almost time for the end of their lunch period and collected the trays, and when they walked away, Abby said, "You didn't expect to sleep in the same bed with him did you, you barely know him and it's not proper!"

"Yeah but I feel like I know him a hundred years." Claire answered, "you think maybe at least one night we could hop in the others bed?"

"You don't waste any time do you," Abby laughed, "do not be in such a hurry, he will respect you more should you wait as long as you can."

Claire sighed, she was so happy and couldn't wait for their trip to begin. "I'm so excited!"

Steven and Anthony returned to the table, "Come on let's go outside for a breath of fresh air." Steven said, and took Abby by the hand and pulled her up.

From the far corner of the cafeteria, Christina and Carol who now have become good friends watched with displeasure, as Steven pulled Abby out of the cafeteria, "Disgusting!" Christine spat, "but she'll get hers, I'll make sure of it!"

**************

Anthony held Claire's hand, as they walked outside into the sunshine, where he pushed her up against the brick wall and kissed her.

Abby was about to say something, but Steven whispered in her ear, "Stop, Anthony will not hurt her I promise you." He then pulled Abby into his possessive arms and kissed her too. "When we get to Wisconsin I'm going to love you Abby." He squeezed her tightly in his arms and Abby's eyes blurred with tears. Steven kissed her happy tears away with more kisses.

When the four of them returned inside the school, Steven pulled Abby towards her locker and said, "I can't wait for school to be over and we can be on our way to the Dells." He then dropped a quick kiss on her lips and pushed her towards her class.

When the bell rang at three o' clock, Abby rushed to her locker to dump her books in there, she had no homework and no need to bring her books with. When she locked her locker and turned around Steven was there smiling down at her.

It had been a long day for Steven, too long, and he pulled Abby into his arms and kissed her. "Are you ready?" He asked her, and when she nodded he kissed her one more time and together they went to the parking lot.