Why?

Jeff had become Abby's bodyguard, he shadowed her everywhere to make sure the baby stayed safe. It was bittersweet for Jeff, knowing that the baby was Steven's, but somehow he grew accustomed to the idea of raising the child as his and he attached himself to Abby to ensure the safety of her and her baby.

His love for Abby ran deep in his heart of hearts, he had been in love with the girl since he was seven years old. Their families were friends and they took vacations together and had enjoyed barbecue parties together for many years. It was only the last few years that things had changed and Abby's parents somehow pulled away.

His love for her only grew bigger as the years passed, but he never got the courage to tell her his feelings until senior year. It didn't go as well as he would have wanted it to go, maybe if Steven hadn't stepped in he would have had a better chance with Abby.

The idea of going to Harvard with Abby was exciting to him. He had hopes and dreams that she would eventually fall in love with him and together they can raise the baby and become a family.

It was good that Claire would be there too, she inspired Abby and made her smile. She was very loyal and he knew that she loved Abby very much and Abby needed all the help she could get now.

Jeff wished he could have fallen for Claire instead of Abby, Claire had fallen for him hard, but his heart was already given to Abby. He was relieved that Claire was dating Anthony, he wanted to see her always smiling and Anthony gave her everything she needed to enjoy life.

It's been three weeks since Abby told him of her pregnancy and since that day he and Claire have been with her everyday planning on the baby's  future. Claire had nominated herself Godmother to the baby and Jeff had vowed to be the fatherly figure in its life, and hopefully one day Abby will accept his hand in marriage and make them a real family. That was his dream and he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted.

"Have you called the lady and confirmed the apartment will be ours?" Claire asked, "it's walking distance to the university and we can't miss out on this opportunity!"

"I already placed a three month deposit on it, so the apartment is ours," Jeff confirmed, and turned his car down the corner to Abby's house. "I picked you up first because I wanted to tell you something."

"Oh and what's that?" Curious, Claire faced Jeff, "you're not going to talk about Steven again are you, he's not a threat anymore he has moved on with his life!"

Jeff knew that Steven had not moved on because he loved Abby too, and he knew that anyone who falls in love with her can not just fall out of love with her just like that. Steven could fool a lot of people, but he couldn't fool him. He had to try and keep Steven away from Abby at least until they move to Massachusetts, Steven would be headed to Princeton and only then could Jeff relax and not worry that Steven would mess things up for him.

"I need your help to keep Abby busy until we leave for Massachusetts."

"That's two months away!" Claire declared, "Anthony and I are leaving for Florida after graduation!"

"Well I was thinking to go to Massachusetts immediately following graduation." Jeff admitted, "that way we could settle in and tour the town. I wouldn't ask this of you if I could do it myself, but she has a tendency to be stubborn and only listens to you, and I was hoping you'd say yes."

"Are you kidding me?" Claire laughed, "the reason you want to go to Massachusetts immediately following graduation is because you are afraid Steven might have a much needed talk with Abby, but you need not worry about that, rumor has it that he is dating Christina again, and is cheating on her with Carol."

"I beg of you, come with us Claire." Jeff wasn't satisfied that Steven was dating again, he knew that was just a temporary rebound situation, and that it was only a matter of time before Steven confronts Abby.