Awakening from a Nightmare

It took a few seconds for Bruce to recover from the shock. Without any difficulty, he took Selina's arm, turned her around, and pinned the arm behind her, pushing her against the wall.

"Don't make any noise, Helena is sleeping." He whispered slowly in Selina's ear. "Let's not wake her. You come with me."

Bruce descended the stairs holding Selina by her arms.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked through gritted teeth but spoke quietly as he ordered. She offered no resistance.

"Let's go to the library."

They walked towards the library. When they are arriving there Bruce let go of Selina, and then he could see her better.

She was still wearing her white hospital gown, barefoot, and her hair was loose and unruly. She could be confused with an Arkham fugitive.

"How did you get here? How did you wake up, Selina? You were in a coma for two months..."

"I don't know." Selina spoke in an irritated and defiant tone. "I just woke up... but I think I smelled her...Ivy."

"Did she heal you again?" Bruce asked surprised. "She's been missing for years. She is now an outlaw and the last time we saw her, she wanted to kill you. Does not make sense..."

"I don't care about that, Bruce. What really matters is that I'm here. And I want my daughter!" She said angrily.

"Why?" Bruce asked calmly. "Where are you going to take Helena?"

"That's none of your business."

"That's my business. She is my daughter too. Although you've deprived me of it for ten years..."

"I wouldn't have deprived you if you hadn't left." She spoke resentful. "If you hadn't abandoned me. You were all I had, Bruce..." She spoke the last sentence under her breath.

"I left because it was the right thing to do, Selina." Bruce explained feeling guilty. "It was the right thing to protect everyone. My presence here put everyone in danger."

"Should have stayed there then." Selina scoffed and then walked over to Bruce who was blocking the library door. "Now let me go. I'm going to get Helena and get out of here."

"Selina, look at you. You're not well... and you're not leaving here, least of all with Helena."

"I will." Selina said and went for Bruce who prepared to defend himself, but he didn't have to. Before attacking him, Selina staggered and fell unconscious, just in time for Bruce to catch her.

***

Bruce took Selina back to the Gotham hospital.

"It's a miracle." Lee said amazed to Bruce an hour later, after seeing Selina's exams. "She is fully healed. The tomography is perfect."

"And why did she faint?" Bruce asked worriedly.

"Hypoglycemia." The doctor explained. "She spent a lot of energy going from here to the mansion, and since she's only been feeding by tube for months... Well, now she's sleeping. I applied a tranquilizer. We can discharge her in the morning. Go home, Bruce."

"I won't, Lee. I want to be here when she wakes up."

"For her to see you?"

"No, to prevent her from running away.

***

Selina woke up around nine o'clock in the morning and Bruce's blue eyes were the first sight she had.