Presenting Helena Wayne

The next day, Bruce and Selina woke up completely recovered.

Selina had woken up very early and was standing by a kitchen window, sipping a cup of coffee that she had made herself. She looked at the snow outside as her thoughts went by too fast.

The winter had started harsh that year and she was relieved not to have to spend that season in a cold apartment with Helena again. She felt at home in Wayne Manor, even though she knew that situation was temporary. Now, after the conversation with Ivy, she was sure she would need to sort things out before Luthor caught up with them. Because she knew, sooner or later, he would catch up with them.

Unlike past Selina, she didn't just care about herself. Helena was her main concern. And now she had Bruce involved too. She worried about what Luthor might do to him. Not that she still didn't hate Bruce for abandoning her, oh, she hated him... she was never going to forgive him for leaving her. She repeated it to herself like a mantra, especially when he looked handsome even with his hair messed up in the morning or when he said things that made her melt like a lump of sugar in tea.

She could never let Luthor harm Bruce, for Helena, of course, as she often justified to herself. The girl would be devastated if anything happened to her father... She knew that Bruce wasn't a weakling, but she also knew that he had changed a lot. He didn't spend a single night at home, always at parties, drinking and dating supermodels, living his wild playboy life. No... Bruce would be an easy target for Luthor. She needed to protect him.

***

Selina spent that day with a fixed idea.

A plan was forming in her mind to put an end to this situation, and to get Luthor off his trail forever. Ivy had told her where to find Luthor and how to get in there, but it was all too risky. She needed to have an escape plan. After all, she always had one.

It had just been dark, and Selina had been lying on her bed for some time thinking about it. By then it was very clear that she would need money, lot of money.

She needed the money to run away with Helena after murdering Luthor.

She was already pretty sure about how she was going to get it. She was going to use her own methods. Of course, it would be easier to ask Bruce, but Selina had two big reasons not to. First, she was convinced that she would never want anything from him, and second, she knew he would never agree with her plan to end Lex Luthor. Bruce was against killing, due to the trauma of his parents' murder. She knew him well enough to know that she couldn't make him change his mind about it.

Then, as she planned the next steps in her mind, the ringing of the bell downstairs snapped her out of her reverie, and she remembered that she needed to go downstairs for dinner. Helena should already be waiting, the girl warned earlier that she would cook that night with Alfred to celebrate that her parents were cured, and she was very clear that her mother's presence was indispensable.

Selina came downstairs still wearing her favorite sweater and sweatpants she'd picked up from the boxes she'd brought from her old apartment. There were holes here and there in the clothes, but they were too comfortable for her not to wear them. She was two steps up from the floor when she stopped at the sight of the woman standing in the Wayne Manor foyer.

She was a tall, curvy woman, had long blonde hair, wore heavy makeup and lots of jewelry. The woman glared at Selina the moment she caught sight of her. Their eyes met and recognition was immediate.

"Silver?"

"Hello, Selina." The beautiful woman spoke without expressing any pleasure, looking Selina up and down with remarkable displeasure. Then she turned to Bruce who seemed to have already received her. "I heard the rumors, but I needed to see it with my own eyes."