Reunions at Wayne manor

"Mommy!"

Helena ran into Selina's arms as the woman walked into the Wayne Manor room accompanied by Bruce later that day.

"Mom, you're fine!"

Selina and Helena shared a tight hug that lasted a long time. They both cried.

"Yeah, I'm ok, kitten. You are so beautiful! You look like a little girl from the 18th century..." Selina joked as she stopped hugging her daughter and looked her up and down. Helena was wearing a tweed coat, plaid skirts, three-quarter socks, and Oxford shoes.

"Alfred bought me these clothes." Helena said proudly. "He said good girls dress like that. Alfred and dad took very good care of me." She added.

"I know they did, kitten. And are you enjoying it here?"

"Yes," Helena spoke promptly. "I like it very much, but dad and Alfred are just as severe as you are." The girl frowned.

"Oh, are they?" Selina asked surprised looking at Bruce and Alfred. "It must be like this to take care of you, right? If not, you put the house down."

"I have been a good girl, Mom!" Helena protested.

"I know, I know..." Selina said ironically.

"Did you come to get me?" Helena asked excitedly. "Are we going home"

"We can't go home anymore, Helena." Selina said seriously.

"Why?"

"You know very well."

"Is not fair!" Helena shouted.

"Helena! Don't throw a tantrum!" Selina ordered. "We'll stay here with Bru... with his father and Alfred until we resolve our situation. And I don't want to hear a peep of complaint, do you understand?"

"Yes ma'am." The girl spoke reluctantly.

"Fine. Your father is going to help us sort out the problem with that bad man, then we sort out our lives. It's ok?"

The girl nodded and Selina smiled with satisfaction.

"Are you hungry, miss?" Alfred interrupted them when he saw that mother and daughter had understood each other. "It's past lunch time."

"Alfred... you're... older." Selina looked at him and smiled kindly. "I wouldn't deny a lunch."

"She'll eat even the trays, Alfred." It was Bruce's turn to speak. He had been listening to the entire conversation between Selina and Helena, fascinated.

"Shut up." Selina said giving Bruce a light punch on him shoulder before following Alfred to the kitchen.

Helena smiled at her father who winked back at her. The girl took Bruce's hand, and they went to the mansion's kitchen.

***

"So, Bruce, what's the plan?" Selina asked that afternoon when she was having tea in the library after lunch. Bruce was at the office desk studying some papers while Selina was lying on the couch which was in the middle of the room, in front of the fireplace. Helena slept on her lap.

Bruce stopped rummaging through the papers and looked at her.

"I've been trying to find evidence that incriminates Lex for shooting you, but I haven't been successful."

"You won't make it. Lex is a slippery fox." Selina said as she ran her hands through Helena's hair. "Besides, what judge would convict a billionaire for shooting a street thief? There's no way to catch the guy. That's why I preferred to run away."