The bat and the cat

Over the years, while raising Helena and specializing in the art of stealing, Selina honed another talent. That other skill, so natural to her, was to be comfortable in both luxury and junk.

She studied hard. She learned the aristocratic ways. She learned about fashion, gastronomy, and art. And it was natural the way she came to appreciate it all.

Which was why, at that point, she could just as easily pass herself off as a socialite with her billionaire lover, as she had done with Bruce at the registry office, as she could, in the next moment, embody her thieving nature.

And that's exactly what she did that night, after returning from the registry office. In her room at Wayne Manor, Selina donned her cat suit to go out with him for the first time. The beautiful woman was delighted at how comfortable she felt inside him. To complete the outfit, she wore her precious night glasses and tied the old whip she'd gotten when she worked on the Sirens around her belt.

She had a plan and a list of places she would visit that night, and if all went well, Selina would arrive the next day with enough for her and Helena to enjoy the French boulevards for many years to come.

***

And so, it was. Selina worked all night and when she got back to the mansion, it was almost dawn, and she had half a million in diamonds that were very well hidden in one of the chimneys of the house. When the sun came up, she slept as peacefully as she hadn't in a long time.

The next day was Saturday, and by the time Selina arrived in the Wayne Manor kitchen for a bite to eat, it was past three pm.

When Alfred reached the kitchen, he saw the woman devouring a bowl of milk and cereal, as if the food was going to run out at any moment.

"Gracious manners, miss." Alfred watched as Selina lifted the bowl of cereal to her mouth to drink the last of the milk.

"I was hungry, Alfred. Is there anything else out there?" She looked curiously at the Butler who took something from the counter. In moments, Alfred placed a bottle of coffee and a generous basket of buns on the table.

"Oh, holy man!" Selina thanked grabbing two buns at once. "Has Helena finished classes with the math teacher?" She asked after swallowing the buns.

"Yes, and your French teacher should be here shortly, miss. But it would be interesting, perhaps, you to take a bath first."

Selina rolled her eyes.

"And your boss? Haven't woken up yet? Spent the night at yet another party?" she asked as if it wasn't important.

"Master Bruce is reading with Miss Helena in the library." Alfred replied when he heard the doorbell ring.

The butler hurried and went out to attend to her. Not a minute later, he returned to the kitchen.

"It's for you, miss." He spoke with a serious face.

Thinking it was going to be the French teacher, Selina swallowed one last loaf of bread and walked into the living room.

It wasn't with complete surprise that she saw who the visitor was.

"Hi Gordon, how are you?" Selina greeted the commissioner with a calm smile.

"Selina, two jewelry stores and a pawnshop were robbed last night. All diamonds were taken."

"And you're telling me this, why?" She asked with feigned surprise.

"According to the Metropolis police, the thief has your modus operandi."

"Are you accusing me, Commissioner?" Selina asked feigning outrage.