Chapter 9: "I promise"

POV: 3rd Person

  He caught up to him as he was cleaning up his stuff in his office, which he was never really in since he follows Taemoo around all day, only ever using it a few times a year if he was needing space.

  He was cleaning out his office, the office was quite cozy, a bit small because he liked small places. He could've bought a huge mansion but instead an apartment. Why? Too much room and too much work to walk around the whole place. 

  It was a bit messy as he took his leftover jackets from years ago and still hasn't brought it home since then, being too busy to stop by his office to take him and because they had business in there when the doors were locked. It was good that the room was soundproof. 

  There was a loud banging at the door, "Sunghoon! Baby, please. Can I come in?" he had the key to the room but never went in without permission when the other was in there, silently minding his own business.

  He heard a silent 'come in' as he unlocked the door going into the room and locking it back up. Only the two of them had the key to the Secretary's office because the moment Taemoo became CEO he fired the current secretary and had Sunghoon as his own. 

  At this point, he wasn't crying anymore. He was just sad, there was a blank expression on his face as the sparkles in his eyes were gone. It wasn't a normal thing to see, seeing him sad and lifeless.

  Even if he was sad, there was still light in those eyes, there weren't any this time. He looked dead, as though he has lost everything in his life. "Baby.. It's okay." the older held his waist as he closed the gap between their faces. 

  He didn't get a kiss back, it was just him. Pulling away, he frowned, "What's wrong? I'll be able to fix this.." He whispered as he kissed the smaller's neck, only to have his head pushed away. "We shouldn't do this if your grandfather doesn't allow this.." 

  "I don't care if my grandfather doesn't allow it, I do. Do my words mean nothing to you?" Taemoo questioned, putting the latter on the spot, not earning an answer. "You know that's not why, you mean so much to me.. But I can't bare having someone disapprove it and disappoint them.." 

  "I will restore things the way it was, please just give it time.." the taller smiled gently, "I promise." The older tried his best to convince Sunghoon, it was easy to convince him. It wasn't like he didn't mean what he said, he would do everything to fix it for his angel.

  "You promise it, you can't take it back.. Okay?" he had gone somewhere else in his head as he spoke gently. There are moments where after he breaks down, he suddenly spaces out and babble nonsense.

  "Let's go home, yeah?" the CEO said as he closed the gap between him and his secretary, "But first.. Let's make a mess for the janitors to clean." he took the latter's glasses and tossed it aside on a chair.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: I know, only 500 words, even shorter than before. Bear with it.