The Road Trip

When Yujin comes home, she is greeted by the sight of all the plastic bags from the market scattered in her living room. The frozen meat has melted and damped up her carpet and some of the leaves from the green onions have flown away from the wind surging through the opened window.

Everything in her house was kept neat and in place 24/7 but ever since she had her unannounced visitor staying by, the routine that Yujin sacredly lived by had been turned upside down.

On a normal day, the sight would have made the clean freak livid. She would have probably snapped at the person responsible for the mess and thrown cleaning supplies at her.

But that was on a normal day. And a normal day didn't have the sight of Wonyoung passed out on the living room sofa, lying on her back with one arm dangling from the edge, snoring with drool trailing down.

So Yujin doesn't get mad this time. She doesn't snap and she doesn't throw cleaning supplies at someone. (She couldn't if it was Wonyoung)

Instead, she quietly takes care of the mess first, grabbing the plastic bags and arranging them in the kitchen. The meats are placed in a Tupperware and into the freezer alongside the seafood. The vegetables are in a different container, and the fresh fruits are sliced and placed all together.

After tidying things up in the kitchen and in the living room, Yujin decides to deal with the other mess: Jang Wonyoung.

Yujin can still hear the complaints and the curses from the younger woman playing at the back of her mind like a broken record. She didn't give Wonyoung any time to rest and instead made sure the idol would herself out with all of the simple chores Yujin had been doing for the rest of her life.

In hindsight, it isn't fair for the younger woman. Yujin had been doing the chores for as long as she could remember and Wonyoung was still new to the everyday jobs. Not to mention, the woman was growing old. I should have been more considerate. She's basically a senior citizen now.

Wonyoung's definitely exhausted and worn out and there's no way she can sleep properly—even though she's basically dead right now—on the sofa.

So this is Yujin's way of being considerate.

The former athlete—Yes, Yujin did sports back in college—stretches out her muscles first, knowing all too well how, despite Wonyoung's continuous bragging of how fit she is because she's an idol, no one is really that light.

After stretching her arms and her back, Yujin tries to calculate the angles. She stands in front of the sofa, hovering above Wonyoung, analyzing the half-dead woman.

She takes a very deep breath first before carefully locking Wonyoung's arms around her neck, making sure they're tight in place and holding her collar for support. Once that's done, Yujin places her forearm at the back of Wonyoung's neck and the other arm behind Wonyoung's knees. She pulls the younger woman's frame closer before lifting her up.

A grunt escapes Yujin's lips. I knew it! You were lying about your weight!

Each step she took, she would groan. Wonyoung was heavy and somehow, she must have found comfort in the younger woman's arms because she's suddenly holding on to Yujin's neck tighter and growing heavier.

Is that even possible?

Either way, Yujin's doesn't even bother thinking about anymore. The only thing in her mind right now is getting Wonyoung on her bed faster.

...that didn't sound right...

Finally, after what seemed to be the longest steps to her bedroom, Yujin has finally arrived. Thank God she left her door opened or else she'll have to handle with how to turn the knob. Now that she's in her room, the only problem left is carefully putting down her ex.