The Ends of her Spectrum

The bell on the front desk has been chiming non-stop since the sun broke out. Guests continue on entering the inn, hauling behind them their carriers and cameras, asking for accommodation.

Not really a fan of the commotion, to avoid the unusual flurry from the festival, Minju—the first one to wake up—asks for the entire sun house in the garden area just for their private use.

Other than their majestic bedroom on the topmost floor where her current other half is taking up the entire king size bed, the sun house is Minju's favorite corner—or building?—of the inn. It's somewhere hidden within a circular layout of trees and bushes quite a walk away from the backyard garden.

A two-story structure, the sun house is made entirely out of wood and one-way glass. Its essential purpose is for, well, to bask in the glory of the sun without burning themselves. There are bookshelves for pillars, an indoor fireplace, nice fur carpeting, and comfortable upholstered sofas for lounging. There's also a small kitchen and dining area. The second floor is completely for recreational purposes, with a grand piano (made for Yena) and a gaming system complete with bean bag chairs (Rei, Chaewon, and Yujin).

The entire inn is beautiful, with their own rooms and places, but this, the sun house, it's theirs. It's their place.

That is why Minju is here, cooking breakfast for everyone. Today is going to be a big and busy day for them and they need their nutritious morning intake.

A few minutes after she started batting the pancake mix, the door to the sun house makes a sound.

"Minju?"

Minju looks over her shoulder and sees trouble duo, Yena and Rei, walk inside in their pajamas. "Good morning," Minju greets happily, signaling for the two girls to sit down on the barstools by the kitchen island. There is freshly brewed coffee and hot chocolate waiting for them.

Rei initially dives into the food fest first. She grabs a mug of hot chocolate and slurps without any hesitation, much to her misfortune because they're still really hot.

"Those are fresh from the pot, Rei. Be careful." Minju warns a little bit too late. Upon seeing the disgruntled look on the youngest one's face, she chuckles halfheartedly, "Well at least you know now..."

The first batch of pancakes is already finished by the time Yuri and Liz enter.

"Morning Minjuri!" Yuri is way too ecstatic for the morning, much to Liz's calmer, "Good morning, unnie."

Compared to their girlfriends, the two look more prepared and freshened up. Liz's already out of her pajamas and Yuri sports a pink sultry silk robe.

Chaewon, expectedly, is the last one to get up and meet them in the sun house. She would not have even woken up if it weren't for Minju personally waking her up from her blissful sleeping fest with a lot of sweet-talking.

("Will there be a lot of kisses and pancakes there?"

"Mhm. A lot."

"Okaaay~")

By the time they're all complete in the sun house, Yuri, Minju, and Chaewon are in the kitchen eating while Rei, Liz, and Yena are in the living room chatting. It's only then someone takes a notice on Yujin's absence.

"I haven't seen Yujin the entire morning..." Yena perks up, craning her neck around the sun house as if Yujin would magically appear out of nowhere. "She usually gets up before everyone."

Rei joins in the wondering. "Maybe she slept at her place?"

"With the noise and ruckus the installation team is making? I don't think so..." Chaewon incoherently comments, cheeks inflated with the pancake pieces she's keeping inside her mouth like a kid.