The Life You Chose (and the one you didn't)

[BREAKING] Wonyoung SPOTTED IN JAPAN!

After weeks of absence from the media and social networking sites, idol-turned-actress Jang Wonyoung has been spotted in a Japanese airport meeting with boyfriend, Japanese actor Ryoma Takeuchi.

The two have been reported and confirmed dating only a few days prior. Reactions to the news of the idol's resurfacing are mixed, online citizens speculating that the idol has been staying with the actor throughout her absence.

We have yet to receive any statements from the couple's legal representatives regarding the matter.

Expectedly, the media catches a whiff of the "clandestine meet-up" (that's what they're calling it now) and makes both Japanese and Korean servers break with the stampede of parasites itching to get their hands on the latest celebrity news.

Wonyoung and Ryoma's names are trending worldwide, breaking search engines and filling up front pages of online news articles. Related searches to Wonyoung's name even worse than the time she was dubbed the Nation's Whore.

(Wonyoung Pregnant, Wonyoung Slut, Wonyoung Dead...it goes on)

Now that everyone in the group has their own phones with them, Wonyoung doesn't even want to think about them knowing anymore. Whatever picture goes online, everyone's going to make their own articles now, noting details and making up stories far from the truth.

She doesn't bother anymore.

Not when she glances at Chaewon's phone screen and sees a picture of her beside a picture of Ryoma, Chaewon thumbing down the website and reading but doesn't even finish the article and just turns off her phone; Not when Wonyoung can feel to the depths of her soul Minju taking short glances at her from the rearview mirror, disappointed at her; Not when Gaeul's not talking, not even moving from her seat beside her, continuously staring out the window, maintaining a few inches of space between them.

Wonyoung doesn't bother anymore, not when Yujin is taking up the forefront of her mind, the way the younger woman's face fell at the sight of her and Ryoma, the way Yujin pulled away when Wonyoung tried to hold her hand, the way she ran away from her, the way they're not together now because of her.

Because of Wonyoung.

***

There was a planned lunch out at a famous local restaurant on their way to Mitan.

The plan didn't push through.

They were supposed to go pass by some zoo because Chaewon wanted to see some birds.

That didn't happen.

Their expected time of arrival was around 5PM because of all the things they wanted to see and do together. They arrived in Mitan four hours early.

The weather is no better in the small town—worse if you consider the harsh winter—and the skies are as cloudy and gloomy as Wonyoung's soul.

To Wonyoung's surprise though, Minju doesn't go the usual route and instead, takes the main road that leads to the Multi-Purpose Hall. Wonyoung looks behind and sees Yuri's Rover following behind closely. They park in front of the hall.

"Um..." this is the first time someone talks. It's Minju. "The girls and I have to attend the preparations for the Winter Wish festival, Wonyoung."

It feels weird hearing her name fall from Minju's lips this time. It feels different, like she's a ticking explosive device they all have to cautiously tread around to.

"That's today?" Gaeul speaks up, voice normal but still something different. She doesn't dare glance at Wonyoung.

Minju nods while unbuckling her seatbelt. Chaewon's the first one to step out of the car, wordless.