Wonyoung, Yujin, and a Lily Flower in 100 Days

A Postlude, 1195 Days later

Wonyoung's already awake before the alarm clock even goes off.

It's 5:04 in the morning and the device doesn't ring until 5:30. Wonyoung decides to prepare early and go for a morning run. When her mind is too busy thinking of other things, a jog is always her go-to therapy. And besides, the other side of the bed is already empty. Yujin must be awake as well.

By the time Wonyoung steps out of the room, the entire house is quiet save for the pitapat of the loose faucet in the main bathroom and the sound of the coffee machine grinding and gurgling.

She sees Yujin already dressed up in the kitchen, sitting down on one of the island stools, holding up her mug with two hands, pressed against her lips, staring far off into the distance.

Wonyoung feels a smile tug at her lips. This once was the most beautiful sight her eyes could ever lay eyes on: Yujin, in the morning, before the sun rises. Now, now she can only beg to differ.

"You're up early." It leaves her lips in a cautious whisper, as if they're still worrying over the possibility of waking someone else up.

Yujin looks up from her mug and follows the sight of Wonyoung as she walks to the kitchen cabinets, pulls out her tumbler, and pours herself the remnants of Yujin's brewed morning coffee.

"I couldn't sleep."

Wonyoung grabs a carton of fresh milk from the fridge and pours it into her coffee. "Thinking too much again?"

Nowadays, conversations that last longer than five minutes are very uncommon. To be able to get the chance to talk like this again is surprising for the couple.

Yujin lets out a sigh. "It's been hectic..."

"You can say that again." Wonyoung snorts, capping her tumbler close. "At least the worst is over now."

The older woman stands up from her seat and finishes the remaining coffee in her mug. "I hope so."

Yujin leaves her mug in the sink and heads out to the front porch.

Despite everything, Wonyoung and Yujin—or at least one of them—always make sure to have time for themselves. Losing their self in the process of taking care of someone else will only do them no good in the long run.

No one wants to have regrets in the future.

After a while, Wonyoung joins Yujin in warming up in the front porch. Both of them are dressed in their respective jogging attire—Yujin with her Adidas tracksuit and her Primeknit, and Wonyoung with her Adidas cropped tank top, joggers, and Primeknit.

"Ten laps?" Wonyoung finishes her breathing exercises. "From here, around the park, and back?"

Yujin just nods. "Did Minju text you? Are they already awake?"

"Not yet."

They end their conversation there and begin jogging around town, preparing themselves for the big day ahead.

***

Wonyoung is wheezing by the fourth fucking lap.

Yujin doesn't even suppress her amusement at the sigh of the younger woman who's now sitting hunched on a rock, draining her entire 1 liter water jug and trying to regain her circulation.

"I can't—HAHA—believe this!"

Wonyoung attempts to throw the jug at the older woman but the latter dodges with the agility of an athlete. "Ya!"

"I thought you were doing yoga with Minju and Yuri? What the fuck is this?"

"Am I not allowed to have the body for my age?" Wonyoung's gotten her breathing normal. She stands up and moves away from the rock.