Prologue

Prologue

Emerald wore a neon green silk cocktail sleeveless dress with a deep neckline, enough to expose an ample amount of her supple breast. Its bodice hugged her torso perfectly as its balloon skirt flared gracefully down three inches above her knees. She wisely chose a pair of silver six inches heels stiletto and a silver eye mask to match her dress. She gathered her hair into a ponytail letting the natural curls in the end fell making its own grace down. She only put on light make up, but look sultry enough.

Imbitado si Emerald sa annual anniversary ng Polaris Nightclub na masquerade themed party. Pinsan niyang weirdo na si Youseff ang may-ari nito. He was persistent to have her presence on this year anniversary kaya di siya nakatanngi dito. Dahil nong nakaraang taon ay di rin siya nakapunta at hayun nagtantrums sakanya.

Her brother, Edison, was also invited so they went their together with his conspicuous BMW convertible car. As if her dad would let her go if she's alone so she had no choice but to go with him.

Pagkapasok nila sa loob ay agad silang sinalubong ng malakas na tugtugin at disco lights. And just like what she expected, the room was crowded. At gaya din ng inasahan niya, her brother's already gone hooking up, without even bothering of telling her.

Napabuntong hininga na lamang si Emerald at hinayaan ang kapatid. Her brother was a healthy man as a horse so it couldn't be helped.

May dumating na server na may dala dalang tray ng ladies drink sa gilid niya. Bahagya pa itong yumukod sabay offer sa kanya ng drinks at agad naman siyang kumuha at nagpasalamat. Napansin niya ang pilyong ngiting sumilay sa bibig niyo kaya tuluyan siyang napatingin dito at nasurprisa nang makilala ito na pinsan niya na mismong may-ari ng nightclub. He's wearing a waiter's uniform  and also a mas, with a tray that was perfectly balanced on his shoulder level by his one hand. He was grinning down at her, happy that she came.

"What are you playing this time Seff?" She asked, scrunching her brows together.

"Shh!, I'm just having fun, okay." Mahinang sabi nito sa kanya habang bahagya pang inilapit ang bibig sa tenga niya. As if someone would sue him if they happened to hear him. For goodness sake, the area was even loud and noisy with upbeat music impossible for them to be heard.

"Whatever '." Sabay irap dito.

Youseff just chuckled. "Anyway, don't go home too early, okay?. I'm still busy right now but I'll catch up with you later...I missed you, I really do. But bye for now. Still have work to do." Kinindatan pa siya nito bago iniwan.

With a drink on her hand, she sauntered to the corner of the room and took the vacant table then called a waiter to order a bottle of tequila. While waiting, she leisurely roamed her eyes around to anything her eyes could decipher in the dimlight and to where the lights would hit.

Maya-maya pa ay may napansin siyang bulto sa gilid niya na papalapit sakaniya. Nang tuluyan na itong nakarating sa harapan niya, dalawang hakbang mula sakaniya, ay saka niya lang ito dinapuan ng tingin. Bahagya pa siyang nagulat nang agad na magtama ang paningin nila. Who wouldn't be? When he's a good-looking man as the one who just approached her. He was wearing a mask with same style and color as hers. His face was halfway covered by it but its facade shows a good description of what's behind it. Really, even in the dimlight.

Ilang segundo pa itong nakipagtitigan sakanya bago bumaba sa mukha niya ang paningin nito. Ramdam niya mainit na tingin nito sa labi niya pababa sakaniyang dibdib hanggang sa hita niya.
Kaya biglang hindi nakumportable si Emerald sa paraan pagtingin nito sakaniya.

Seriously? Is he studying me under my notice?

Pagkatapos siya nitong pagaralan ay saka lang bumalik sakaniya ang paningin nito. "Do you mind?" tukoy nito sa bakanteng leather sofa.