Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Emerald's mind had been reeling around through the whole ride thinking on how was she going to deal her father and her pretentious stepmother at home. For Emerald, her stepmom kindness was fake and annoying and her dad was blind enough to not to see it through her. She also had an older brother but wasn't really a problem to her at all.

Pero hindi talaga yun ang tumatakbo sa isip ni Emerald kundi ay kung paano sya makakalabas sa mansion bukas lalo na at sabado walang pasok. Her chance to sneak out would be less. Lalo na at sigurado syang igagaround na nmn sya ng dad nya at bantay sarado pa dahil sa ginawang pagtakas nya naman sa kanyang bodyguard.

Though I'm not regretting what I did ,but, it still such a pain in the ass. She thought frowning.

Gaya ng ginawa nya kanina, she managed to escape from the two pairs of annoying eyes at agad na dumiretso sa condo unit ng nobyo na si Drake.

Glenn and Husue were her bodyguard since grade school until now in her 21 years of age. She was homeschooled before but since she asked her dad to send her to a school (or should i say 'beg'), craving for experience of studying with classmates, socialize, and have friends. She had to agree to have a bodyguards to ensure her safety. But she's 21 now for Pete's sake! Old enough to protect herself. Though, she had no complain about it before and got used of it considering they're working for her family and her father pays them with a fortune, more than enough to sustain their families' needs.

But now it was too much that she could barely have her own privacy. She's not allowed to go outside alone ( pwera na lang kung tatakas sya, kasabay pa niya minsan ang kaibigan na si Eunice). Her father didn't even spare the church. If she wanted to go out,  whether she likes it or not she must have her bodyguards tailing her around and and had to bare with it or else she's not allowed to step even a foot outside the gate.

Man, that's very suffocating!

She snapped back from the series of her thoughts ng mapansing sa kalayuan na ang bahay nila.

"Stop the car, Drake. " Emerald said.

Agad namang inihinto ni Drake ang ang sasakyan sa gilid ng kalsada habang bakas sa mukha nito sng pagtataka ngunit may parte rin sa isipan ng binata na alam na nito ang dahilan.

Drake is a 25 years old fine man, her best friend for just almost a year before he became her first boyfriend for two years now. He's a typical boyfriend that every woman would love to have for their selves. Handsome, masculine but what she loves the most from him was his being a gentleman and caring man.

Umuwi ng maaga ang binata kanina dahil wala naman daw itong masyadong gagawin sa opisina  lalo na at nandoon din naman ang ang ama nito. Pero syempre para rin magkaroon sya ng oras sa mga kaibigan at nobya. And Emerald happened to have no classes the whole afternoon. Kaya naisipan nitong puntahan ang nobyo sa condo nito at syempre hindi nya magagawa iyon kung hindi sya tatakas sa dalawang bakulaw na palaging umaali-aligid sakanya.

She knew it was such an childish act. But she had no choice. Minsan lang sila nagsasama ni Drake sa isang linggo. Most of the time they spent time together through phone calls and in the Face time.

"Bakit hindi pa ito ang sa inyo?" Tanong ni Drake at bahagya pang inilapit ang mukha sa bintana para makompirma ito.

"I know but you have to drop me off here. I can't afford the consequence kapag nakita ka ng mga tauhan ni dad" she reasoned with a hint of sadness in her voice. Inayos niya ang sarili at tinanggal ang seatbelt.

His forehead creases as he tried to digest her words. "Anong ibig mong sabihin?" He asked.

Drake was feeling this again like something was off to her. She'd been like this since the last few months. He's well aware of the fact that Emerald's dad had never been pleased to their relationship. And she always unconsciously slipping and unconsciously implying something.