EPILOGUE

____________

WHEN ELLA FOUND  the Magic Falls of Laya she was 19 years old.

She knew that the Falls would show for the ones looking for them and that the place was hidden from the public eye, but she had no idea it would've taken her two years. Two years of sending and receiving letters was a long time. The human interaction wasn't all too missed, since Ella still found ways to stay around people.

Tiana kept her updated on her every day life and on the kingdom. The people had finally returned. The Queen mentioned the atmosphere had changed; in the better. They were relieved that they weren't living under fear or threats. 20 year old Ella was happy to hear that.

As for Draco... They kept in touch. Her hand hurt from all the letters she wrote and she assumed his did too, because he wrote just as much. The first year passed by rather quickly, since they were both so busy catching up with their inner self.

Draco happily announced that his father's therapy sessions were continuing and that the progress was clearly visible. His mother was shaken up after the war, though Draco helped her get back to her normal life. He was content; his father was getting the help he needed and his mother was getting better each day. Some of his old schoolmates volunteered to help rebuild Hogwarts. Draco was hesitant at first, though with a little bit of encouragement and self talk he made the decision to help.

His life was almost complete.

He was so keen on helping out that once he was in the comfort of his own home at the end of a long day, Draco felt lost. He felt like a broken compass. He didn't recognise the north from the south. He would shut his eyes and sigh. Each night that missing piece weighted him down more and more. Draco would slip off their ring and kiss the little snowflake, hoping she would feel the warmth.

He missed Ella. He missed her hugs and innocent kisses. Her stories and her humor.  He missed her and being so far away was killing him.

So he got married.

He organised a little gathering at his house - the house he was supposed to move in with Ella. People came in, drank something, exchanged a few words with Draco and then they walked away. Ex students from Hogwarts showed up to check up on him and enjoy a few drinks in his company. They would ask how he was doing and then subtly try to mention Ella. Draco always stayed silent.

One of the ex students being Harry Potter, who then introduced him to Eloise Palmer. A muggleborn.

Draco found himself incredibly attracted to her. He didn't want to admit it - and he never was going to. But her blonde locks and brown eyes reminded him of her. Of the woman who broke his heart. So after a year he proposed. His parents were happy he was moving on - they didn't even mention her blood status. Eloise was over the moon, so she obviously said yes.

After his proposal the letters stopped. Whenever he was about to pick up a quill to respond to Ella's letter, he'd feel too guilty and drop it. He never wrote again. He told Eloise about her, but that was mostly because all of his friends were so keen on trying to get some updates from Ella. They kept mentioning her and Draco felt bad for lying, therefore he told her. Eloise was understanding, something he was glad for.

"You need to stop sulking, Draco.", it was Meissa Shied, who he had shortly started being in contact with. She was nice, helpful and understanding.

"I'm trying.", his monotone voice filled the semi empty room. The white haired girl sighed and pulled out a chair from the table, set it in front of him and sat there. She looked at him and at the golden ring around his finger. It wasn't the ring he married Eloise with.