38 - La Reine Est Morte

______________

DRACO COULDN'T EXPLAIN   the shame he felt. Never in his life had he felt that peculiar feeling. It hurt to lie, but it also hurt to let her know the truth. There were so many things she didn't know, despite these things being about her.

He didn't know how she would react. He selfishly hoped she would forgive him — even out of pity. Despite knowing very well, that he deserved every bit of hate and disappointment from her.

His safe bubble was there, in the crook of her neck with strands of golden hair brushing his cheek.

Ella's eyes stayed open wide at his words. She didn't know exactly what to say. Maybe ask? Or stay silent. And silence it was indeed. It wrapped them there, the snowflakes disappeared and it slowly started to look like spring again. But then the snow appeared newly and the snowflakes were thicker and they fell more rapidly.

Her heart was beating so fast. He was crying again and her hand brushed his hair absentmindedly.

"S-So you may know that... T-That about Pierre, right?", Draco shamefully nodded once again and Ella felt her heart drop.

"A-And, perhaps, about t-the man that... once followed me a-and the n-necklace?", the young man was too weak to respond.

He had thought that the lies and secrets weren't too many, and that once he was ready he'd tell her. Now that the stories and events found their matching pieces, he felt horrible and displeased.

Ella knew the answer and something clicked in her brain.

"H-How about my mum... D-Do you...", she weakly cleared her throat.
"Do you happen to know w-where she i-is?", Draco's body went rigid at her question.

He lifted his head up, but not finding the strength to look her in the eyes.
Her hands lightly shook and in a painfully slow pace, her gloves were covered by a slight sheet of crystal ice.

"I'm sorry. B-But, no.", Ella could not hide her disappointment in her answer. But she was okay. Despite the ugly truth and the hidden lies, she was okay. Draco told her the truth and she was glad he had decided to take that step for her.

"T-There's something that I-I-", millions of questions flew to Draco's mind, all of them wondering the same thing.

They weren't together, right? So why suffer and tell her what's about to happen, if they most probably won't see each other again.

"What is it, Draco?"

Should he?

"I-I think that... That..."

He should not.

"I-I think it's time to go to bed.", Ella couldn't hide the surprised feeling she felt. Go to bed, really?

Perhaps they needed a little more time.

_____________

Ella couldn't sleep the entire night and almost like on purpose, she heard a regular tapping noise on her window. The Princess' eyebrows furrowed at the noise, therefore she simply turned on her left side and covered her ear with a pillow. The noise just wouldn't stop and feeling irritated, she grabbed her wand.