41 - Endearing

_____________

Ella's dress

_____________

 THAT WAS THE  evening that would've changed everyone's lives forever. Final laughs of joy and dances of happiness. For Draco, that was probably the last time of seeing the girl that changed the purpose of his life. He wanted to be good. He wanted that good feeling invading his chest whenever he held her hand or when he kissed her. He didn't want to feel the guilt. He didn't want to feel like he didn't deserve her care and love. 

He wanted all of that, but there was no time left to make progress now.

When the blonde boy and Snape met to talk about everything again, that was when he came to the realisation that that was it.

Months of work, tears and pain repaid with survival. He was not free or happy — he was simply alive. But that wasn't enough anymore. What was the point of being alive if he couldn't live like he wanted? Finish his studies and then move out to discover himself. He couldn't.

"It's at midnight, Draco."

"Don't tell me what to do.", he hissed at his Professor. "I know when it's gonna happen. Now, excuse me, Professor"

He was allowed to enjoy the last night of what seemed a free life — he was going to make the best out of it while it lasted.

Draco was in his room again. Ananya, Ella's Fairy Godmother, personally handed the suit to him, an action that made him smile a little. The suit was black and the little touches of silver and golden glitter were surely Ella's idea. It was accompanied by a white shirt and deep blue tie — probably to match the girls.

"Ella, I'd still like you to go at midnight."

"But, I don't see the point! If my mother is dead..."

"I would lie if I said that I wasn't curious, a little bit.", Dumbledore laughed a little.

"Sure, I mean, it's not like someone is impersonating my dead mother by sending me letters, nah."

_____________

"You think your mom is dead?", Ella invited Meredith over to her room so that they could prepare for the ball together. They were currently doing each other's hair, sitting on Ella's bed. Now it was Ella braiding the girl's hair. The action felt domestic. She liked having a friend; someone who willingly spent their time with her. She was happy.

"I'm pretty sure... I mean, she suddenly disappeared, sent me a letter that seemed like her last. She even told me to get married to the person that I love. I was promised to some guy — I forgot his name. Well, a prince. These are words that mother would say if it's really the end. I guess it was.", she sighed and brushed Meredith's dark braid over her shoulder.