7 - The Queen's Trip

_____________

"PROMISE ME, ELLA. You have to listen to everything Mr. Snape tells you to do.", Queen Rose placed her hands on Ella's shoulder, trying to make her understand how important the situation was.

"Mum, I can take care of myself very well. Really—"
"Ella will you stop being stubborn for once?! This is going to be dangerous and he is the only person who we can give our trust to.", she finished saying very loudly, and for once, Ella thanked God that they were away from all the hungry ears that craved some gossip.

"What is going to be dangerous, mother!", she called her name out coldly and shrugged her hands off her shaky shoulder.
"If he were here he wouldn't let me go like that-"

"Stop talking about him!", Queen Rose screamed.
"He's nothing but a traitor and you know it very well Ella! He left us when needed and don't you tell me that he wouldn't have left us again!", she finished breathing heavily.

"You're right.", Ella laughed tiredly.
"He would leave you! He never wanted to leave me—", and that earned a slap by the Queen.

Rose looked at the red mark she left on her daughter's right cheek. Her eyes didn't burn with any  emotion — not even regret, like the Princess had expected. Ella looked at the pavement, with her hand covering the injured and burning cheek. Her own words started replaying in her mind. She realized how childish she sounded. Her mother's action didn't surprise her too much, though. She'd occasionally receive shoves and slaps whenever Rose wasn't pleased by her daughter's behavior. Or whenever she dared to mention her father.

"M-Mother I-I-", the Princess tried to apologize, but Rose turned around and walked away. That was the meaning of the conversation to be over. She opened her door and slammed it shut. The noise echoing loudly.

The day was dull and grey. The clouds were covering the dark sky as rain made the students stay inside. As the young Princess walked out of her mother's room, she stumbled into Professor Snape. It was almost suspicious how he always seemed to stumble into her. He bowed down.

"Princess Ella? Is everything alright?", Ella nodded with tears in her eyes. If her mother was there, she would've scolded her about not making eye contact.

"Alright...", he let her go and Ella's destination of the day was wherever. Her only comfort person was Draco. The only one she talked to.

Many students were walking, bowing and greeting the Princess who was frantically moving away, since she wasn't particularly fond of large crowds. Though she was lost once again, failing to orientate. She stumbled into students, the crazy Professor who tried to convince her about possible hazards and even stumbled into Filch and his loyal cat.

"I wouldn't mind helping you in finding a way through this mess, Princess.", he grinned, showing his dirty and yellow teeth. Ella thought for a second.

"Y-You could tell me where Draco Malfoy is right now.", she requested, and that was probably the only chance for her to find him.

"I'm not allowed to share any personal information of any of the students...", he started saying slowly, cupping his chin with his hand and the cat beside him emitted a weird sound. "But, since you're the Princess I could, you know—", Ella caught a glimpse of Draco walking very fast towards one of the crazy stairs, dressed in his Slytherin uniform.

Dark green really suited him.

"Draco.", she whispered, not being able to be louder or else she would break down in front of everyone. Not something she wanted to do, since the corridors were getting busier as time was passing by. She literally started running, something that was not very easy with her expensive heels. Out of the blue, the stairs started moving. I skipped that chapter of the book. She thought to herself.

Draco passed, the crazy action from the stairs not affecting him anyway, due to him being faster than that slow movement. Yet, Ella had to keep herself from falling down, she raised her head and followed every movement of his. Trying to remember the way and corridors he walked through. Orientation wasn't one of her strong suits.

The stairs stopped; Ella didn't lose any more time and almost instantly her feet sped towards the way Draco walked towards. As loud as Ella's heels were, the blonde student wasn't able to hear her; he was too into his world.

Another wave of students blocked her way. And she lost Draco. Again.

_____________

Ella found her way back and she felt as if she won a gold medal. She felt amazingly proud of herself. Well, not completely, obviously she could've paid more attention to Draco and where he was headed. But, she found her way back. That was enough.

Instead of going to her room, she walked towards the Great Hall where already lots of students were enjoying their meal with their respective friends. She walked in the room and once again, for what felt like forever, all the eyes were on her and then again on the meal in front of them.

"Oh, Princess Ella.", Dumbledore walked towards her, smiling.
"Professor Dumbledore.", she also greeted him.
"I would like to talk to you in private, if it's possible.", she quickly looked at her mother's seat, suddenly coming to the realization that it was empty.

And that's when it hit her: her mother left.

She was alone.
Again.

____________

Questions Of The Day:

1.) What's your favourite part of the chapter?

1a.) Reason why? If there is one.

2.) What do you think about Filch?
I haven't read all the books of Harry Potter, but as far as I know, on the movies he's a very annoying character. I don't know if I should follow the line or not.

3.) What do you think Dumbledore wants to tell Ella?

_

Stay safe,

your belle.