Chapter 4

Cam reaches Emma's house right as Evelyn, Emma's mother parks her black escalade on the driveway.

"How was your day young man?" Evelyn asks Cam, coming out of her car. Evelyn is a fairly tall 5ft10 woman with auburn hair and grey eyes. She is still in her hospital scrubs.

"It was nice Evey. How was yours?" Cam asks Evelyn. He calls her Evey since he was a baby.

"Oh, and we made a friend." Cam preaches his news of making a new friend again.

"Oh, did you now? That's good." Evelyn crouches down and takes off Cam's helmet off his head. She then proceeds to pick Cam out of his bike and sets him on the ground.

"Let's go inside now." Evelyn takes hold of Cam's tiny hand, with her other hand holding his helmet.

They go inside the house and Cam sits on the ground at the foyer, taking off his shoes. He bolts straight upstairs of the two-story modern style house. He needs to pee and his toddler potty is usually in Emma's room. He is too short for regular toilet.

He bangs on the door of Emma's room, being too short to reach the doorknob.

Emma opens the door and Cam runs through her legs. He pulls down his shorts and underwear in the middle of the room, too desperate to pee. He quickly sits on his potty, placed in one corner of the room. Finishing his job, he finally looks up and stops dead in his tracks.

There was her new friend Fiona, sitting in Emma's bed, looking right at him. HIS NEW FRIEND JUST SAW HIM NAKED AND PEEING IN POTTY.

Tears begin to fill his eyes and he starts sobbing. Hysterically sobbing.

Emma and Fiona both rush towards him, trying to comfort him. They both kneel down in front of Cam who is still sitting in his potty.

"What happened Cam? Does your tummy hurt? Does your peepee hurt? Tell us Cam. What's wrong?" Emma questions, rubbing his back. Fiona runs her fingers through his soft hair.

Still hiccupping, Cam answers, "SHE... SHE...SHE SAW ...SAW ME NAKED"

"Oh, baby. It's okay. You are just a little boy. There's nothing to be ashamed of. I have seen them many times when I babysit." Fiona says, soothingly.

When even that does not work, Fiona picks him up in to her arms, one hand under his bare butt, the other patting his back.

Cam hides his face in Fiona's neck in embarrassment.

Fiona starts pacing around the room, bouncing him a little. After a few minutes, he calms down. She pulls him out of her neck so they can be face to face.

"You alright now?"

Cam nods and goes to hide in her neck again. But Fiona stops him.

"Let's put your pants first, okay?" Cam blushes like a tomato remembering his naked state but still nods very meekly.

Fiona lays him down on Emma's bed and turns around to grab his clothes from the ground. However, Emma is already by her side holding the discarded shorts and underwear.

"How did you calm him down so easily? Last time I had to get Mom to calm him down." Emma asks Fiona in wonder as she gives her the clothes, with a smile.

"Babysitting experience." Fiona replies.

She goes to put the cartoon underwear on the boy when Cam starts wiggling around. She finally holds his legs with one hand, keeping them in place. Then she puts his legs through the leg holes one by one and ultimately pulls them up to his waist. The same process repeats for the shorts.