Chapter 13

Fiona wakes up first in the morning, but doesn't open her eyes. She gets slightly panicked when she doesn't feel her baby beside her.

Opening her eyes in a haste, she notices Emma sleeping. Finally, she remembers Cam is in the guest room. She has gotten too attached to the baby, and she wouldn't want it any other way.

Stretching her body, she gets out of the bed and goes to the guest room.

She sees Cam sleeping on his belly, just about to fall from the bed.

Fiona rushes to him, picking him up. She cradles him on the crook of her arm.

She thinks about waking him up, but after seeing it's still very early, she brings him to her bedroom.

Fiona lays Cam down beside Emma and puts multiple pillows around him, on the other side.

She gets her morning routine done and goes downstairs to get the breakfast ready.

..

Fiona is making scrambled eggs and toast when Emma comes down with Cam in her arms.

"How did you sleep, baby?" Fiona takes Cam from Emma. Emma takes the lead to cook the rest of it.

"Good..." Cam tells her. But Fiona senses his hesitation.

"What is it, baby?" She rubs his back, looking down at him.

"Can I...I cal..call you mama?" Cam whispers, looking at everything but Fiona.

Now, Fiona wasn't expecting that question right in the morning. But in the inside, she knows her answer.

"You can call me anything you want, sweetheart. If you don't want to call me anything at all, that is also okay. It is totally up to you." Fiona lifts Cam's head up to see directly in his eyes.

"I want to call you mama." Cam buries his face in the crook of Fiona's neck.

"Well, what a way to start the day!" Emma cheers.

"Yeah, what a way." Fiona laughs.

"But why are there no clothes on the baby yet?" Fiona asks. "You literally had one job."

"Not a baby." Cam mumbles from his position.

"Yeah, right. You're not a baby." Fiona coos. "And you. Answer me woman." Fiona points at Emma, trying to hold her laughter.

"It doesn't help when that monster only listens to you." Emma fake glares.

"Is that true, buddy? You didn't listen to Emma?" Fiona asks Cam.

Cam just whines, without giving any answer.

"Well, I got my answer." Fiona says to herself.

"Em, can you give Max his bowl? I'll go dress this pumpkin."

"Yeah, no problem."

Fiona takes Cam to her bedroom to get him ready for the day.

She pouts a little when she notices no clothes with cute writings on them. Now that she is Cam's 'mama', she has to get clothes with different writings on them.

Finally, after going through a lot of clothes, she dresses him in a pastel green onesie with a large dinosaur on the front, and pastel green shorts. She also puts white socks with green stripes on him.

"Aww, you're so cute, pumpkin." Fiona gushes over Cam, who is laying on the bed.

Fiona carries Cam downstairs and puts him in his highchair. She gives him a sippy cup of water to drink, while she makes three plates for their breakfast.