Chapter 10

Fiona carries a sleeping Cam into the living room. She lays him down on the couch and goes out to bring the bags in.

She organizes Cam's closet. Coming to the kitchen, she washes the plates, sippy cups, fork and spoons, and bottles. She puts everything in the cupboard.

She sees her dog Mac, sleeping in his dog bed. She remembers Cam wants to see the dog again. But Fiona has to feed Cam first.

She finally sits on the couch, running her fingers through Cam's hair.

"Wake up, baby. Let's get some food in your belly." Fiona pats Cam's back, attempting to wake him up.

Cam whines loudly, rolling over. "Noooo, sleep more."

Fiona ultimately starts tickling him, which at last wakes him up.

"You are mean." Cam huffs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh yeah, so mean." Fiona picks him up, carrying him to the kitchen.

She places him on the counter and reheats the food.

"Buddy, do you want water or juice?"

"Orange juice!" Cam shouts, standing on the counter. The nap recharged his energy.

"Don't stand on the counter, baby. You could hurt yourself." Fiona rushes to the counter, setting him down on the floor. The counter is high enough for Cam, to give him some serious injuries.

"I wasn't even doing anything." Cam says, looking up at Fiona.

"Better safe than sorry, baby." Fiona hands him a sippy cup of apple juice.

"Thank you." Cam starts drinking his juice.

"Welcome, little one and good job using your good manners." Fiona praises Cam like someone would do to a child.

She takes Cam's hand, bringing him over to the table.

"Upsy daisy." Fiona puts Cam in the highchair. She is testing her limits.

"NO, OUT. OUT." Cam bangs the tray of the highchair, after realizing where he has been put. He throws his sippy cup on the ground.

"But you are so little sweetheart. You can't see over the table in a normal chair." Fiona rubs small circles on his arm, crouching down in front of the highchair.

"I have a booster seat at home." Cam pouts, looking at Fiona like an adorable puppy.

"I didn't know that, baby. Or I'd have bought one." Fiona lies. At that moment, she could not see Cam. She saw a little baby boy in front of her. Her baby boy. And babies sit in highchairs, not booster seats.

"Well, let's make a deal. I make a call to your Grammy and Grandpa and if they agree, you'd have to sit in this. Otherwise, we can return it and buy a booster seat. Does that sound alright to you, sweety?"

"Okay." Cam nods. "But my juice." He points to the floor, where his sippy cup is laying.

"Oh no. Let's fix that." Fiona grabs the sippy cup and goes to change the bottle.

She hands Cam the juice, this time in a princess sippy cup. Surprisingly, Cam doesn't object about being given such a girly one.

"Hello, Mrs. Smith. I am Fiona, Cam's friend if you remember." Fiona speaks over to Cam's Grammy in the phone.

"Hello dear, I do remember you. I was just going to call you. Emma told me Cam is with you. Is he giving you any trouble?" Chloe asks

"No, no, not at all. He is being a very good boy." Fiona ruffles Cam's hair.