Chapter 20

Fiona's P.O.V

It's been two days since we had the talk. Emma is now more involved with Cam, and that's for good. Today is Sunday, but we don't have a lazy day. Cam's little constipation problem hasn't been solved yet, and I'm getting a little worried. So, we have decided to make a doctor's appointment today, which I know is going to be hard. Now back to what we're doing now.

I carry an asleep Cam downstairs, where my lovely girlfriend is making some pancakes.

"Is he still asleep?" Emma asks me without looking.

"He is." I sit down on a chair, cradling my baby. "Didn't wake up even when I changed his diaper." I say, patting his padded bum. Now, we don't put Cam in diapers in daytime, but my mama guts are telling me we might need them today.

Emma puts our plates on the table. She sits down next to me, making a bottle of warm milk. "Here, feed the baby." She hands me the bottle.

I gently rub the nipple of the bottle on Cam's lips. And by reflex, he roots for his bottle, making sucking motions. I put the bottle in his mouth and he starts sucking.

"Who is going to tell him about the doctor's appointment?" Emma asks me, bouncing Cam's tiny feet with her hand. "Cause for sure, I'm not going to." She gives me a cheeky smile.

"You're trying to make me the bad guy, aren't you?"

Emma's cheeky grin stays the same. "Something like that." She laughs, making me smile too.

We start eating our breakfast.

Midway through, I feel my baby stir up in my arms. "Can mama see those pretty eyes of yours, baby?" I coo.

Cam flutters his eyes, staring at me with his big blue eyes. My heart melts. He starts giggling, kicking his little legs. His eyes wander around until they fall on Emma. He extends his arms towards her.

Emma gently takes our baby in her arms. "Hi, baby! Did you have a good sleep?" She asks, bopping his nose.

"Uh-huh." Cam stands up in Emma's arms. We both get confused, trying to figure out what he's trying to do.

Suddenly, he jumps. From Emma's lap. Fortunately, Emma has good reflexes, so she catches him midair. "Jesus Christ!" Emma exclaims, pulling Cam to her chest.

"Oh my God! Baby, are you alright?" I ask my pea.

Cam looks at me and starts laughing. "YESH MAMA!". I sigh. What did I expect? Just a toddler doing toddler things.

"Don't ever, I mean ever do that again!" I tell him sternly. He sticks his tongue out at me, before shoving his face at Emma's breasts.

Emma sits Cam up in her arms. "We don't stick our tongue out to anyone, buddy. Do you understand?" She asks the baby sternly.

Cam sheepishly looks at me. "Sowwy Mama."

"Thank you for your apology, pea. It's okay now." I tell him, kissing his temple.

"Baby, do you want pancakes? Or anything else?" Emma asks our baby. Cam shakes his head. Lately, he hasn't been eating much. Maybe it's because of his constipation. I'll ask the doctor about that.

"Try a little bit, baby." I try. He shakes his head again. "Okay, pea."

"Finish your bottle, buddy." Emma tells Cam.

We continue to eat our breakfast as well.

..

After breakfast, Emma goes upstairs in our room to get dressed for the doctor's appointment. And I carry Cam to our backyard. Why? He wants to see Max.