Chapter 18

Cam is getting fussy in the back seat. A baby without a nap will lead to that. The three are getting back home after another very boring school day.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Fiona asks a squirming Cam.

Cam continues to wiggle in his car seat without saying anything.

"You want something, bubba?" Emma tries. Again, no response from Cam.

"Wait a second, should be in the bag." Fiona mutters to herself as she rummages in her school bag. She pulls out a baby bottle of milk. Opening the outer lid, she turns and puts the nipple of the bottle in her child's mouth.

Cam holds the bottle with his both hands, sucking eagerly.

"So, that's what you wanted, huh?" Fiona smiles. She proceeds to take off Cam's shoes, as she knows it relaxes him.

Fiona gets proud of herself in her mind, that she packed the bottle of milk. Tiny steps in becoming a mother.

"When's the package going to be delivered" Emma asks her girlfriend. They need the pull-ups and diapers by today. Otherwise, a crying baby and a wet bed next morning.

"I got a notification earlier saying it's already delivered." Fiona replies. She delivered those in the morning, before school. She just hopes the size fits.

"That's some fucking fast delivery." Emma says, immediately followed by a slap on her thigh. "Ow, that hurt!"

"Language! The baby's in the car!" Fiona glares at Emma. She definitely doesn't want her baby swearing like a sailor.

"You worry too much, babe." Emma says, rubbing her thigh.

"Whatever." Fiona dismisses her girlfriend. She laughs when Emma pokes her side.

..

Fiona puts Cam's shoes on, before getting him out of his car seat. She keeps him on her hip as she starts walking up to the front door.

Cam is on his mama's hip when he sees a package in front of the door. He starts kicking his feet in excitement to open the package. "Down mama, down!" Cam yells in excitement.

"Okay, okay." Fiona states, putting Cam on his feet. She watches as her little baby runs past Emma to get to the package, with his bottle in his hand. She is amused to see how the fussy toddler is now more energised than ever.

"Maybe I should start drinking milk every time I get tired." Emma jokes as she watches Cam bouncing on his feet, next to the package.

"Of course. I would keep a bottle for you too." Fiona laughs as they get near Cam. "Oh God, we have to keep him away from the package. I hate seeing him crying." Fiona says to Emma.

"Yep." Emma sighs, thinking how to complete the task.

"Mama, open it! Em, open it!" Cam yells.

"No, bubba, this is not for you." Emma tells him, squatting down next to it.

"Nu, fow me!" Cam stomps his foot. If it were not for him, why would it be on their porch?

"Baby, this's not for you. This is boring grown-up thing. Else, it would be a colourful box, wouldn't it?" Emma says, trying to coax her child.

"Bu' I wan' one." Cam pouts at his mama.

"Tell you what? I'll get you one." Emma says, brightening up the baby's face.

"Yayy!" Cam claps, running in circles around the big package.

"That went well." Fiona chuckles, looking at Emma.