Chapter 6

Cam and Ella reach their school parking lot where Fiona is already waiting for them. Together they walk to their first class.

While walking down the corridor, Cam tripped and fell down. The other students start laughing and taunt him.

"Oh no the baby fell down. You should go to daycare if you can't even walk by yourself." Someone comments.

Cam tears up in embarrassment. He felt two hands pick him up in a standing position. Both Fiona and Emma hold his hand and they start walking again.

Surprisingly, the whole corridor gets silent. Cam looks up at Fiona to see her throwing daggers at anyone laughing.

They get into their classroom and sit down in their seats.

"Alright everyone, take out your notebooks, and start taking notes. The part I'm going to teach today is not in the book." Mr. Miller instructs.

"Emma, can you help Cam do the work?" Mr. Miller asks Emma.

Cam is dyslexic and has problems with words. So, he needs help to do his work. If Cam's grandparents had not been donators for the school, Cam would have failed his classes.

"Yeah sure." Emma takes out her notebook from her bag.

Fiona takes out her notebook, handing Cam his notebook from his bag which she had taken from him during the corridor incident.

Fiona and Emma both help Cam to write his notes. Fiona notices that Cam's handwriting is very disheveled like a child just learning to write. She also notices he has hard time understanding very simple words.

...

After two classes, they head toward lunch.

Cam tugs on Emma's pants. "I have to pee." He whispers after Emma bends down.

"Fiona, can you take Camey to the toilet to pee? I have to give my assignment to Mrs. Thompson." Emma says to Fiona.

"Yeah, no problem. Let's go buddy." Fiona extends her hand out for Cam.

Cam shuffles to Emma's side in embarrassment. He doesn't want Fiona to see him naked again.

"Come on Cam, you can go with her. She won't do anything." Emma persuades Cam.

Cam finally takes Fiona's out-stretched hand, and they head towards the washroom.

"It wasn't so difficult now, was it?" Cam shakes his head.

"So, does Emma take you to the girls' one?" Fiona asks, squatting down to be at a better level with Cam.

"The one for the babies in kindergarten." Cam says, in a whisper.

Emma takes him to the kindergarten toilets, because it saves him from embarrassment.

Fiona nods and takes him to the toilet. They go inside a toilet stall.

She crouches down and takes off Cam's pants and underwear completely. She decides against making Cam sit on the toilet considering how dirty it can be.

She picks him holding his tiny chubby legs to his chest, his back to her chest.