Chapter 12

Cam wakes up from his nap, all alone. He throws a pillow on the floor and jumps on the pillow to land safely.

He climbs down the stairs, going straight to the living room. He sees Fiona and Emma asleep on the couch, snuggling.

Cam first climbs on the coffee table in front of the couch. Then he jumps on both of them, laughing like a maniac.

"WAKE UP" He stands on Fiona's stomach and pokes her cheek.

Fiona wakes up startled. She immediately sits up on the couch, nearly dropping Cam.

"What happened, baby?" Fiona asks in urgency. Then she notices the baby's giggles.

"You just wanted to have fun, huh?" Fiona asks, tickling Cam.

"Yes!" Cam tells her.

"Wake up, Emma." Fiona nudges Emma. How can someone still be asleep after being jumped on?

"What are you doing here, bud? When did you wake up?" Emma sits up groggily.

"He came looking for us. Didn't you baby?" Fiona ruffles Cam's hair. Cam nods,

Fiona stands up with Cam to get some water.

"Take him upstairs and put some clothes on him." Fiona hands Cam to Emma. Cam refused to wear anything even during his nap.

"Alright." Emma heads upstairs while Fiona goes to get her water.

..

"But I want my bike." Cam whines.

Fiona rubs her forehead, trying to solve the situation. Cam refuses to play in the backyard; instead, he wants to ride his bike.

"Baby, we don't have your bike right now. We can go buy one tomorrow." Fiona tries to bargain.

"Okay." Cam agrees reluctantly. "But want ice cream." Cam demands.

"That is doable. Let's go get Emma first." Fiona picks up Cam, going towards the backyard. Emma is exploring the backyard with Max.

..

They take Fiona's car to go the ice-cream parlor. Fiona drives with Emma in the passenger seat. Cam sits in his car seat.

Fiona parks the car and goes round to get Cam out. "Where are your shoes, baby?" Fiona unbuckles Cam and looks around on the car floor.

"Dunno." Cam adorably says, looking up at Fiona. Adorable also because Fiona has dressed him in a cute green romper.

"Don't bother searching those now. We can just carry him." Emma says, getting beside Fiona.

"That's probably the best idea. But how can the shoes just disappear out of thin air?" Fiona furrows her eyebrows, turning to look at Emma.

Emma shrugs her shoulders.

Fiona picks Cam out of his car seat, removing his fingers from his mouth. "We don't put our fingers in our mouth, sweetheart. Do you understand?"

"Yes." Cam replies.

"That one!" Cam shouts from Fiona's arms, leaning towards the display glass.

"Inside voices, baby." Fiona glances at the worker to notice her smiling.

"Your baby is so cute." Cam blushes like a tomato, burying his face in Fiona's chest.

"Yes, he is." Fiona coos, smoothing out his hair. Cam audibly whines.

"Is your mommy teasing you, dear?" The lady laughs heartily.

Emma laughs. "You go sit down, I'll get the ice creams."