Chapter 11- The Mysterious Man

[Mori's House]

'After finishing school for the day, Rin goes home and walks to her bed. She suddenly gets hungry and walks to the kitchen.

But after heard something from somewhere in the house, she gets curious. She walks around the house to see Ran.

"Ran-chan, what are you doing here?" she asks.

"Ah, neechan." Ran responds, looking a bit nervous.

Rin asks Ran where she is going in the night, but Ran acts a bit nervous.

"Shinichi wants to capture a ghost!!"

Rin is shocked by this. She never imagined Shinichi would get into the business of tracking down ghosts.

"What if the ghost ends up eating Shinichi?" Ran adds, looking a bit worried.

"Ghosts aren't real" Rin tries to explain.

"But there are rumors of ghosts at the library!" Ran replies

"But ran-chan It's dangerous to go outside at Night"

"Then neechan...what abaut come with me neechan"

Ran begs Rin to join her in her search for ghosts, which Rin finds a bit strange and dangerous.

"Please please." Ran pleads with her, with puppy eyes.

"Uh..."

Rin is hesitant to join Ran at night for what seems like a dangerous search.

///

Shinichi suddenly appears and asks what they are doing there.

"Wait with me, Shinichi-kun" Ran replied.

"It's dangerous to go to the school at night, Ran-chan and shinichi-kun" Rin adds.

Shinichi then mentions that he'll expose the monster by himself, asking the two to go home.

Ran expresses her concern that Shinichi might get eaten on his quest to expose the monster.

Rin added that ghosts and monsters don't exist and that they should all go home.

"You are just scared." Shinichi says, which causes Rin to become flustered.

"What?" she replied.

Then Shinichi stops and looks at both Ran and Rin.

"Stupid! I know there are no monsters or ghosts." he claims.

"Then why we're going on school if there is no monster or ghost...." Rin asked

Ran then mentions a rumored creature who appears during a full moon. This creature is known to have a creepy voice and strange hat.

Shinichi claims that the rumors sound interesting and he turns around to leave.

Ran shouts his name again, trying to keep him from leaving.

Rin then expresses frustration with how childish the both of them are behaving, calling them "kids".

///

[ LIBRARY]

"The two of them sneak into the library, avoiding security guards in the process.

Rin reassures Ran that everything is fine and asks her to hold her hand while they walk around the library. She tries to soothe Ran by reminding her that the library is empty, and there's no ghosts around.

They continue to walk through the library when Ran suddenly mentions hearing a sound. Shinichi reassures her that there's no Ghosts, although the sounds seem unusual.